DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connection question

yes you need to charge the controller it should be fully charged the first time you use it because of all of this sign in and setup stuff Give me a call tommorow. and we can sort it out. I found my controller so we can kinda do it together.

I am not going to plough carefully through all that has be written, I came here for some relaxtion, but after a skim it seems to me some confusion about networks.
Surely the network that Zeker should be logging onto is
1) is the wifi in his home,
then he has to log into
2) the FLY app, or more accurately his DJI account. You can not log into the FLY app unless the app has an active connection to the internet.
3) Assuming this is a brand new drone then Zeter will have to switch the drone on and activate it. I DO NOT have a built in screen controler ( smart controller ) of any sort but it may be that a brand new smart controller must also be activated but someone can surely confirm or refute that.

I would have to question wether or not equipment that requires activation, i.e. almost certainly a brand new drone and possibly a brand new controller, will allow updates before it is activated.

In addition, from memory of the Mavic mini and mini 2, if you wish to update the drone via the assistant 2 ( @Zeter can you confirm which version of the assistant 2 you have installed on your computer? ) then the drone MUST be connected to the assistant 2 within 15 or so seconds of the drone being switched on and I think that window opens with the 2nd press or the short press, long press sequence but I could be mistaken and it could be within 15 seconds of it completing its boot..
I DO NOT know if the mini 3 pro also has this 'time window'.
In my case I
a) start the assistant 2 on the computer and let it boot
b) connect the USB cable to the drone
c) switch the drone on
d) connect the USB cable to the computer.
I use that order because I do not like fiddling with small USB connections whist under time constraints.

Reactions: Cafguy
I am not going to plough carefully through all that has be written, I came here for some relaxtion, but after a skim it seems to me some confusion about networks.
Surely the network that Zeker should be logging onto is
1) is the wifi in his home,
then he has to log into
2) the FLY app, or more accurately his DJI account. You can not log into the FLY app unless the app has an active connection to the internet.
3) Assuming this is a brand new drone then Zeter will have to switch the drone on and activate it. I DO NOT have a built in screen controler ( smart controller ) of any sort but it may be that a brand new smart controller must also be activated but someone can surely confirm or refute that.

I would have to question wether or not equipment that requires activation, i.e. almost certainly a brand new drone and possibly a brand new controller, will allow updates before it is activated.

In addition, from memory of the Mavic mini and mini 2, if you wish to update the drone via the assistant 2 ( @Zeter can you confirm which version of the assistant 2 you have installed on your computer? ) then the drone MUST be connected to the assistant 2 within 15 or so seconds of the drone being switched on and I think that window opens with the 2nd press or the short press, long press sequence but I could be mistaken and it could be within 15 seconds of it completing its boot..
I DO NOT know if the mini 3 pro also has this 'time window'.
In my case I
a) start the assistant 2 on the computer and let it boot
b) connect the USB cable to the drone
c) switch the drone on
d) connect the USB cable to the computer.
I use that order because I do not like fiddling with small USB connections whist under time constraints.
I have d/l dji assistant 2 for windows.

doing it again rite now.

I think the OP is simply trying to see if his new product is Up to date as far as firmware goes BUT cannot get the controller to talk to their personal WIFI network and they cannot find a way to do this I have a screened controller myself BUT do not use it and I cannot remember exactly how you get your network working with the controller I thought it was a swipe up or down to get the wifi settings but have not checked yet as my controller is charging.

not sure what a 'screened controller,' is.

still trying various things.

tomorrow I will go at it again.

it gets frustrating, if I spend too much time on it.

I know it is something on my end,

but, no clue, or knowledge, to ascertain, what that is.

The screened controller is the one with the screen built in most others have no screen You are using a screened controller correct you have a screen instead of a phone or pad?

had a fella come out with his drone and HIS worked.

tech support never got back to me after several emails and 1 phone call.

poor support.

I,m guessing its a defective controller and will replace.

a very long and frustrating ordeal.

thank you for each that helped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147