DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is your favorite guide for filters?

Hooby

Reactions
I am still trying to learn how to take better pictures and video (the pics I posted in my other thread were what can only be described as beginner's luck), and I'm not going to ask for any one person to write out a guide for me when I know there are many already out there. What I AM asking for is this-

What would you see as being the best tutorial/guide/video/anything on better understanding filters and how to use them? Or, have you possibly written one yourself and you think it's a good one? Then please let me know.

I am still trying to learn how to take better pictures and video (the pics I posted in my other thread were what can only be described as beginner's luck), and I'm not going to ask for any one person to write out a guide for me when I know there are many already out there. What I AM asking for is this-

What would you see as being the best tutorial/guide/video/anything on better understanding filters and how to use them? Or, have you possibly written one yourself and you think it's a good one? Then please let me know.

For video, I use the Manual function to create the following settings: ISO100, Shutter 1/60, Resolution/Frame Rate 1080p/30.

Next, I look at the resulting EV for the scene that I intend to shoot, which always includes lots of sky. If the reading is, say, +3.0=3 stops overexposed, then I know that I need a filter that will decrease the ambient light hitting my camera lens by 3 stops, which means I need an ND8.

All About Neutral Density Filters (Podcast 391) • Martin Bailey Photography

PolarPro has a free app that advises the correct ND filter at any given available light.
PolarPro | App

Reactions: kornfleks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78