DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 What light!

twickers14

Reactions
Great time of year (up here) for dramatic tree lighting. Very cold for us so not out long. Needed to check my MA2 would fly OK with inherited, from son, iPhone 11Pro. All good. A couple of shots, taken at 15.00. Boy oh boy is it tough to get the gimbal cover on when it’s 4C-frankly tough in any temperature. Any tips other than leave it ‘till you’re sitting in a warm car!!
CD8A42F4-645C-49A9-9951-2C17B924ECF3.jpeg646EBF65-76DC-4884-9060-748349823D54.jpeg

🥶That's only 40 degrees Fahrenheit twickers. That's perfect fall weather.🍂🍁😁😁

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
@twickers14 you have my sympathy about the cold ,went out today at midday ,thinking it would have warmed up a bit ,flew two batteries in my MPP ,then the darn wind picked up and although the MPP could handle it well ,i could not ,started to feel really cold ,so called it a day, but hoping to try again tomorrow

Great time of year (up here) for dramatic tree lighting. Very cold for us so not out long.
You need to move here to Florida. It's t-shirt and shorts weather today and for the past several days... the past year really.
Needed to check my MA2 would fly OK with inherited, from son, iPhone 11Pro.
First time I've heard of the father getting an inheritance from the son... 😂
All good. A couple of shots, taken at 15.00. Boy oh boy is it tough to get the gimbal cover on when it’s 4C-frankly tough in any temperature. Any tips other than leave it ‘till you’re sitting in a warm car!!
Beautiful pictures nontheless. My advice is to take more! ;) Happy flying!

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
🥶That's only 40 degrees Fahrenheit twickers. That's perfect fall weather.🍂🍁😁😁
OK OK! See your weather is not unlike ours right now, perhaps a bit lower at night but you’re up to 10/14 during the day. The colder snap we are having is helping to finish off the tree colours which have been in more or less full leaf until now. Would love to see your fall colours in person.

OK OK! See your weather is not unlike ours right now, perhaps a bit lower at night but you’re up to 10/14 during the day. The colder snap we are having is helping to finish off the tree colours which have been in more or less full leaf until now. Would love to see your fall colours in person.
I was kidding. 4c is cold for me. Low to mid 60s (15c) is my favorite temp.

Also I had to double-check your profile location as I didn't know UK ever saw the sun. It truely looked like somewhere in the US.

Reactions: twickers14
You need to move here to Florida. It's t-shirt and shorts weather today and for the past several days... the past year really.

First time I've heard of the father getting an inheritance from the son... 😂

Beautiful pictures nontheless. My advice is to take more! ;) Happy flying!
So clever to be able to split my post like this. Believe you me we would be down in Florida like a flash. In fact we are just about to plan our annual trip in April next year. Re the phone, I failed to mention that a few hundred quid (pounds to you) will be changing hands between me and son shortly now it works with my A2! It’s a beast of a phone compared to my previous one-6S!

@twickers14 you have my sympathy about the cold ,went out today at midday ,thinking it would have warmed up a bit ,flew two batteries in my MPP ,then the darn wind picked up and although the MPP could handle it well ,i could not ,started to feel really cold ,so called it a day, but hoping to try again tomorrow
Know what you mean re the cold. I got 30 mins away and you’ll be delighted to know that I could see S Wales clearly (with the naked eye) from where I was flying. Wind wasn’t too bad here.

Reactions: old man mavic
No pics?

Reactions: old man mavic
@twickers14 no sorry didnt take any i'm afraid ,just a quick jaunt to my local flying spot to keep the batteries in good nick ,before the winter kicks in for real ,flew the other two today same result really ,only difference was less wind

Great time of year (up here) for dramatic tree lighting. Very cold for us so not out long. Needed to check my MA2 would fly OK with inherited, from son, iPhone 11Pro. All good. A couple of shots, taken at 15.00. Boy oh boy is it tough to get the gimbal cover on when it’s 4C-frankly tough in any temperature. Any tips other than leave it ‘till you’re sitting in a warm car!!
View attachment 138872View attachment 138873
You're still in "warm" weather. As for gimbal cover - no real issue taking off and then putting in back in the car. Would not hike far with it off, but if only a few meters - you should be fine.

Wait till it's 0C and wind speeds of about 15-20 mph. That's FUN!

Boy oh boy is it tough to get the gimbal cover on when it’s 4C-frankly tough in any temperature. Any tips other than leave it ‘till you’re sitting in a warm car!!
Given my favourite temperature range is 0-10C…

If the problem is you are getting chilled when flying then you need to dress for the weather. Thermal underwear if you get chilled, wind-proofing if necessary, and gloves. Figure out where you are losing heat and cover it (like fixing draughts if a house).

I have a pair of LowePro photography gloves that let me take thumb/index finger out of the glove without removing the whole glove, and they are great.

Looks like LowePro doesn't have them in stock anymore but something similar will help.

View attachment 138872View attachment 138873
Come on down to Southern Hemisphere - lovely weather here. 😂 Just a bit wet at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007