DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Mavic 2 Pro really is!

Nigan

Reactions
Hello guys,,,
After buying this i got to know wat it is so,,
I bought M2P even though I wanted to wait on the reactions of the buyers, cons and pros etc. After a couple of weeks ago I just couldn't wait anymore, showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ because I sold my old Mavic Pro the other day I found the leaked info about M2 on TW (OsitaLV).
Couple of things are really pissing me off. Like the ******* Gimbal Cover, which scratches the top part of the camera, software stuff etc..
Now I'll just wait for DJI's response to all this stuff. Hopefully, there are gonna be some useful updates in the future. If not, it will be easily sellable to the common people, whom doesn't browse reddit and twitter or so.
My next one could possibly be that Autel Evo or mabye Phantom 5?

Last edited:
I bought M2P even though I wanted to wait on the reactions of the buyers, cons and pros etc. After a couple of weeks ago I just couldn't wait anymore, because I sold my old Mavic Pro the other day
You're a little late to the party.
The Mavic 2 was released on August 23. It's been out for 5 months now.
Everything you wanted to know has been known for almost that long as well.
When/if DJI ever get around to releasing the Phantom 5, it will probably be a very good drone.
But the Evo would be a huge step backwards.

Hello guys,,,
I bought M2P even though I wanted to wait on the reactions of the buyers, cons and pros etc. After a couple of weeks ago I just couldn't wait anymore, because I sold my old Mavic Pro the other day I found the leaked info about M2 on TW (OsitaLV).
Couple of things are really pissing me off. Like the ******* Gimbal Cover, which scratches the top part of the camera, software stuff etc..
Now I'll just wait for DJI's response to all this stuff. Hopefully, there are gonna be some useful updates in the future. If not, it will be easily sellable to the common people, whom doesn't browse reddit and twitter or so.
OK what did you do buy both ? Zooming Issues of Mavic 2 Zoom

Reactions: Meta4
A little late to the party lol!!! Re the gimble cover and scratching the top of the camera, I had read about this before I purchased my M2P. One of the first things a did was to cut a small square of yellow duster the same size as the flat side of the gimble cover. I then used the same size piece of double sided sticky tape to stick the square to cloth to it. Voila......no scratches. The yellow duster is thin enough to not interfere with the camera in any way. Hope this helps.

On another note, I hope DJI improve the 4K quality and stop line skipping or whatever it is that's going on.

If you buy one of the aftermarket gimbal guards for the pro and put some foam tape on the inside, not only does it hold the gimbal tight, but it does not scratch the camera housing.

I did just that, got an all in one off EBay for a couple of quid. Easy to remove and no damage. Shouldn’t have to given how much we spent on the bird but hey ho!

I did just that, got an all in one off EBay for a couple of quid. Easy to remove and no damage. Shouldn’t have to given how much we spent on the bird but hey ho!

Agreed - even the aftermarket ones are designed shockingly poorly (who wants a damaged gimbal or a gimbal that isn't held in place?), but at least it's a cheap fix.

Reactions: mereflyer
I have only flown my M2P about 10 times and just took a close look at the camera and don’t have any scratches. I suspect it take a lot more times taking it off and putting it on to see scratches but I was wondering where does it rub? At first glance it doesn’t seem to contact except at the pivot points.

On another note, I hope DJI improve the 4K quality and stop line skipping or whatever it is that's going on.
Are you sure you have a the right spec micro-SD card in your Mavic? We've seen a lot of posts talking about video glitches that come down to the use of U1 rated SD cards, rather than U3. If you have a U1 rated card, it won't be able to sustain the data write speed needed to record HD video ...

Does it matter if the gimbal housing gets scratched? Not like it's going to affect the gimbals actual performance right?

Some people like to keep their equipment pristine and avoid anything that mars its appearance. Also some might be concerned about resale value. Finally, for the price some folks think DJI could have designed a better method or piece of equipment.

Some people like to keep their equipment pristine and avoid anything that mars its appearance. Also some might be concerned about resale value. Finally, for the price some folks think DJI could have designed a better method or piece of equipment.

I dont care what mine looks like, in fact I stuck candy cane colored reflective adhesive tape patches on every side of it. My only worry is if it’s scratching the housing, is it pushing against it hard enough to harm it? So, I’m watchful that its not wearing out parts if there is any indication of rubbing.

Last edited:
Are you sure you have a the right spec micro-SD card in your Mavic? We've seen a lot of posts talking about video glitches that come down to the use of U1 rated SD cards, rather than U3. If you have a U1 rated card, it won't be able to sustain the data write speed needed to record HD video ...

I think he's talking about the quality difference between FOV and HQ mode on the M2P. HQ is much better but your down to a 55 degree FOV (from 77 degrees)

I don't have any scratches and don't think it's that bad to put it on. Its easier than sliding my Iphone into the controller and getting the cord attached. It's easier than flying in 45 mph winds. It's way easier than trying to do a firmware update. It's easier than ..........

Hello guys,,,
I bought M2P even though I wanted to wait on the reactions of the buyers, cons and pros etc. After a couple of weeks ago I just couldn't wait anymore, showbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ because I sold my old Mavic Pro the other day I found the leaked info about M2 on TW (OsitaLV).

You think what you have noticed is bad just wait until the thing flies away for NO REASON!

Reactions: tleedom
So far no sractches on my M2P. I always hold the bird , cam upward and drop the cover down to it. Seems to work fine. Again no scratches no binding no nothin. Just my 2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis