DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What phone

davepasch

Reactions
What device should I look at foe my mavic pro should it fit in the arms, or would a small tablet work. Is flying on bright days doable with phone screens and timing out?

I think anything up to about 8" (iPad mini) should work with the built in arms. If you wanted to go bigger, there are lots of options for mounts that use those same arms. Apple devices supposedly are what the drones are optimized for, however Android works too. There is a list floating around of the recommended phones and tablets for use with the Mavic. @msinger should be able to direct you to it.

Galaxy S8plus . The perfect phone for mobility and clarity. Although my iPad mini 4 is awesome too the S8+ is easier to install if you want tl get in the air faster without habing to adf a optional mounting bracket.

I wonder if this has ever been discussed before and some answers might come up with just a little bit of searching?

Both Galaxy S8+ & the iPad mini 4 fit perfectly in the controllers arms. I also use 2 different optional mounts for different mounting locations. (Above & raised position) all work very well.

Galaxy S8plus . The perfect phone for mobility and clarity. Although my iPad mini 4 is awesome too the S8+ is easier to install if you want tl get in the air faster without habing to adf a optional mounting bracket.

The iPad Mini 4 fits perfectly in the RC arms -- as if DJI designed it for specifically this tablet.

P.S. Get the cellular version so you can do the "Me" moving home point if you wish.

You can get the non celluar version with 128 GB and just turn your phone on as a hot spot if you want to load maps in the field. No need for cellular unless you travel outside of the map area that you cashe into the M.P . I always load maps at home while on wifi and zoom out to get a great view in memory then zoom back in for on screen display. Works great.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
walkedaway