DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Program for 3D images?

FASTFJR

Reactions
I have two large statues I need to photograph with the end result being an STL file so I can 3D print it. What are some options for software? I've did a few thing years ago with my Phantom but that software price has gone thru the roof.

Looking for Mac Software

Last edited:
I have had this on my computer for over a year and have not yet tried it out. They have a free version to try. The first paid option is not to expensive if you like it. After that the price goes way up.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I have had this on my computer for over a year and have not yet tried it out. They have a free version to try. The first paid option is not to expensive if you like it. After that the price goes way up.

Thanks!

Metashape looks like a good option also. Its $179 but the download runs in demo mode (can't save). At least you can see if it works before you buy

I've tried the free version of 3DF Zephr and had issues with accuracy. It would stitch the images together, but the accuracy of the model just wasn't there. Maybe their paid app works better?

I've tried the free version of 3DF Zephr and had issues with accuracy. It would stitch the images together, but the accuracy of the model just wasn't there. Maybe their paid app works better?
I think the free version you are only allowed 50 photos. If thats the case then accuracy will not be all that great. You need at least 150 or more to get any kind of detail. I use Metashape but it is very taxing on computers that are not up to snuff with hardware.

Reactions: FASTFJR
I think the free version you are only allowed 50 photos. If thats the case then accuracy will not be all that great. You need at least 150 or more to get any kind of detail. I use Metashape but it is very taxing on computers that are not up to snuff with hardware.

I downloaded and I'm trying Metashape, its pretty nice. Demo runs in full mode, just no saving. Which is nice because you can see if it really works before you buy.... $179

I use OpenDroneMap which is open source and free. There are also paid installers to make the job of installing easier but installing under Linux using docker is trivial. It is a currently activeproject and recieves continuous improvements.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy