DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What SD card for mavic air?

100 Mbps means the Mavic Air can write data to the memory card at a max speed of 12.5 MB/s. So, 100 MB/s is way overkill. It'll surely come in handy when copying files to/from your computer though.

I actually changed my.order to this...

Card with Adapter (MB-ME128GA/AM)
Amazon's Choicefor "128gb micro sd card"

Size:
128 GB

Style:
Card and Adapter Only

$ 44 99
The Samsung EVO selects are excellent, and a great deal.

Reactions: Jdyowa
I believe the Mavic will clip any video at around 7 minutes give or take filming in 4K. I prefer to use the 32GB cards as that provides plenty of storage to capture a full battery of storage. Simply swapping out the card with each battery change is a good practice should something happen during the next flight, at least you would not loose the data from the previous flight.

You may as well get the U3 versions now for future proofing even though it's not really needed
The price difference is not that great and the cards will probably outlast a few cameras.

We run the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB in our Mavic Airs. Greater than 64GB is overkill and risky as you potentially sacrifice ALL of that media if you were to lose the aircraft. When we have users running Mavics in a commercial setting they run multiple 32’s or 64’s and swap out cards to preserve certain media that can’t be risked to loss. Better safe than sorry!

Took the same SanDisk card that's working find in my MPP and put it in the Air, and the Air complains it is a slow SD card, so guess I will upgrade. Nice that the firmware on the Air is smart enough to tell you if the card is too slow. I never noticed that on the MP.

Reactions: mavicsun
A pile of 16mb swapped after each flight is another option.

Totally agree. I would rather have 4 16gb cards than a 64gb. I would never consider using a 128gb card.

I change the card after every significant flight and keep organized with color-coded holders.

IMG_4850.JPG

Last edited:
I tried to use my sandisk u1 64gb msd card which i used on the Mavic pro and i got the message Slow card!
So I ordered the sandisk extreme pro 64gb U3.
Has any of you tried removing the micro sd from the air yet? .. its way too difficult to change them every time! I thought it was not easy on the mavic but the air i will eventually loose my patience and through it from the window!!
Thank god they provided a cable this time which should be Usb3.0 speeds i hope!

Hey all. First post in the group, should have my Mavic Air soon. Very excited!

Along with the Mavic Air Flame Red and the Fly More combo with the DJI Goggles, I picked up a SanDisk Extreme PRO, 64 GB, U3. I'm assuming that's big enough and fast enough, right?

I noticed a few folks mentioning that swapping out the MicroSD card is a pain. Now, obviously, connecting the card to a USB 3.0 adapter on my PC/Mac is going to be a fast transfer. But I wonder, if you connect the Mavic Air directly to a USB port, will you see similar speeds? Can you transfer media directly? I've owned many cameras in the past, and they all seemed to be super-slow when connected directly, so we'd always remove the cards. Also makes me wonder if the Air has a Wi-Fi transfer capability?

Anyway...first drone, excited about some of the automated features...training wheels, I guess?...to make things easier and fun in the beginning. Thanks for sharing, everyone!

Reactions: Kenny.j
So even though the one I got SAYS it transfers at 100/MB/sec its misleading
The memory card you linked above is advertised as having a 100 MB/s read speed. The write speed is more important since the Mavic Air is writing data to the memory card. I did not see the write speed documented anywhere. In one of the Amazon comments, someone said it was able to write data at 28 MB/s. On another webpage, the write speed was listed as 10 MB/s.

The Mavic Air is able to write data to the memory card at a max speed of 1000 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/s). That means you'll want to choose a memory card that is able to consistently write data at more than 12.5 MB/s. The write speed can fluctuate, so you don't necessarily want to choose a memory card that is able to write at a speed that's just a bit faster than 12.5 MB/s.

My Mavic Air arrives tomorrow. I already have possession of my first memory card. Is this one of those fast/on the list cards? (Edit: made file less huge.)

SanDiskExtremePro64GB-500L.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000