DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What should I name my new Facebook drone pilot group?

What should I name my new Facebook drone pilots group?

• CONNECTICUT Drone Pilots (CTDP)

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • CONNECTICUT Drone Group (CTDG)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CONNECTICUT Drone Alliance (CTDA)

• CONNECTICUT Drone Union (CTDU)

• CONNECTICUT Drone League (CTDL)

• CONNECTICUT Drone Guild (CTDG)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • CT Drone Pilots

• Total voters

easyheimer

Reactions
Hello there. Looking to start a drone group on Facebook for Connecticut drone pilots and would like to get some input on what I should name it. This will be important since I plan on growing this group and eventually getting gear made and such for members. Please vote on the name you think is best.

Thank you!

I like Guild (I'll like anything ending with that word) but MSO makes a good point - you can't beat Connecticut Drone Pilots for clarity. And Drone Union and Drone Alliance sound like they are an association formed by drones who have become sentient.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Voted, but I've always felt that pronounceable acroynms are the best way to go with abbreviations, which may be a problem if you are set on CT at the start, but "Conn" has a few more options as a prefix, e.g. "ConnDA" for "Connecticut Drone Alliance", or "ConnDOG" for "Connecticut Drone Operators Guild". I suspect the latter will often end up being pronounced as "Corndog" though... ?

Voted, but I've always felt that pronounceable acroynms are the best way to go with abbreviations, which may be a problem if you are set on CT at the start, but "Conn" has a few more options as a prefix, e.g. "ConnDA" for "Connecticut Drone Alliance", or "ConnDOG" for "Connecticut Drone Operators Guild". I suspect the latter will often end up being pronounced as "Corndog" though... ?

In 2002, Japan Airlines (JAL) changed from the tsurumaru logo
1579147609231.png

to this soul-less abomination called Arc of the Sun.
1579147653648.png

I immediately formed a one-person association called People Enthusiastic About Retaining Logo Heritage And Red Birds On Rudders. I created a letterhead and sent a note to the CEO of Japan Airlines expressing my displeasure.

In 2011, JAL returned to the tsurumaru, an event for which I take at least some credit.

Pronounceable acronyms work.

View attachment 90936

View attachment 90937

I immediately formed a one-person association called People Enthusiastic About Retaining Logo Heritage And Red Birds On Rudders. I created a letterhead and sent a note to the CEO of Japan Airlines expressing my displeasure.

In 2011, JAL returned to the tsurumaru, an event for which I take at least some credit.

How many board meetings over 9 years might you guess was required to discuss your correspondence?

View attachment 90936

View attachment 90937

Very good but it should be :
Heritage
And
Red
Birds
On
UPPER
Rudder

I voted for 'CT Drone Pilots'. It's to the point and sounds natural to say. I too am from the Nutmeg State, down on the southeast coast. I absolutely loathe facebook though, and would never even consider using it for myself even for a millisecond. I hope there is another way to know what is going on, as I would be interested in meeting other enthusiasts.

Reactions: easyheimer
I voted for 'CT Drone Pilots'. It's to the point and sounds natural to say. I too am from the Nutmeg State, down on the southeast coast. I absolutely loathe facebook though, and would never even consider using it for myself even for a millisecond. I hope there is another way to know what is going on, as I would be interested in meeting other enthusiasts.

That’s awesome. Maybe one day we can all meet up once the group gets going. It’s possible I’ll get a website up and running too if it picks up enough steam.

Reactions: Brockrock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi