DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what the hell is going on ?

mikemoose55

Reactions
lately every time I try to fly this darn thing I have another limitation.
Litchi tells me the controller and air craft are not bound.
GO4 locks up my tablet like crazy the minute I take off.
Just an hour ago GO4 will not let me fly above 97 feet?
Yes I hvethe app set to 100, then 200 then 300 then 400 then 500 meters still limited to 97 feet.
not sure what my firmware version is but I have not updadted it for about 5 months. All was working fine until about two weeks ago.
I am really getting PO'd at this TOY nothing seems to work any more.
mikemoose55:mad:

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
definately not in beginner mode and switch is set to RC
definately not in beginner mode and switch is set to RC

Are you logged into the app? "To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight"

Reactions: MavicScot
absolutely never had to do that before or at least since I first fired up many months ago.
Like I mentioned this was all going really well then the waste material started hitting the rotating cooling unit.
mikemoose55

to clear something up in my title that is redacted **** eliminating a 4 letter word but not the one you are possibly thinking of.
my topic redacted, had a word that ended in two LL's
mikemoose55

Yes I hvethe app set to 100, then 200 then 300 then 400 then 500 meters still limited to 97 feet.
not sure what my firmware version is but I have not updadted it for about 5 months. All was working fine until about two weeks ago.
You sound very knowledgeable... I would set everything back to factory settings, reinstall the GO4 software, reinstall the DJI assistant, do the updates, configure..yada yada.

You say you are definitely not in beginner mode but your restricted height is the beginner mode height. Sometimes an app update will change your settings to the default so are you definitely, definitely, not in beginner mode?

Reactions: Drgnfli
You say you are definitely not in beginner mode but your restricted height is the beginner mode height. Sometimes an app update will change your settings to the default so are you definitely, definitely, not in beginner mode?
He seems to know what he is talking about... he's not a child.
Are you logged into the app? "To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight"
I don't log in... just start the remote... it starts connecting and starts the GO4 on my phone..turn on the drone and wait for version check, click "Go Fly" and wait for home point and a GPS connection.

Well now the the plot thickens.
Firmware is .300 go4 is .16 reloaded all last night. Tried it out just now my controller reads battery discharge in storage in the upper left of GO4 screen. Never seen this before.
Everything else workrd OK for one battery flight but what the HECK is this red battery
warning all about??????
i am about to trade this thing for a bottle of JACK and i don't even drink yet:confused:
mikemoose55

Reactions: WAXMAN
Well now the the plot thickens.
Firmware is .300 go4 is .16 reloaded all last night. Tried it out just now my controller reads battery discharge in storage in the upper left of GO4 screen. Never seen this before.
Everything else workrd OK for one battery flight but what the HECK is this red battery
warning all about??????
i am about to trade this thing for a bottle of JACK and i don't even drink yet:confused:
mikemoose55
That means the Intelligent Battery has reached whatever day you have it set to discharge automatically. Just throw them on the charger again and that will reset the discharge date.

Reactions: mikemoose55
That means the Intelligent Battery has reached whatever day you have it set to discharge automatically. Just throw them on the charger again and that will reset the discharge date.
Thanks Cheech, I might catch on some day but not too soon.
mikemoose55

Hey Fliers,
I am having the same problem. I have the AC almost a year now and all of a sudden I cannot go into sport mode, I cannot fly in a particular direction because my MP is braking in mid flight every 10 or so meters. It is also doing the same thing in the RTH mode. I have experimented by turning off my front sensors and the problem still exist. I also know that it's not anything to do with lighting because I fly during evening time withe any glare to the rear of the AC. I have also reload the dji 4 go latest app with no solution. Can anyone offer any solution? By the way, my craft is an MP

I upgraded the firmware on my mavic pro and the ap crashed every time I took off. Checked for upgrades on my I pad. That fixed the problem.

What version of the upgrade you are using? Did you send me a link. I'm a newbie to the site

What version of the upgrade you are using? Did you send me a link. I'm a newbie to the site
I always upgrade everything but the problem occurred with the i pad version before this current version and the mavic firmware version before the current version. My i pad is currently 11.4 and the mavic is 0.400. It seemed like not upgrading everything could be the cause of a problem. I didn't send you a link, I just posted a message.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes