DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do when selling. As far as registration

I am thinking of selling my Mavic mini. When I do how do I change the registration with DJI over to the new owner?
You don't. There is nothing to change with DJI.

When whoever you sell it to sets up the app and logs in it’s on them then.

I would also contact FAA and decommission your registration. You could be implicated in a crash if it’s still registered to you.

I would also contact FAA and decommission your registration. You could be implicated in a crash if it’s still registered to you.
No you can't.
Because the FAA never knew the drone was yours in the first place.
You never registered your drone with the FAA, never gave them any details of the drone.
All you did was register yourself.

No you can't.
Because the FAA never knew the drone was yours in the first place.
You never registered your drone with the FAA, never gave them any details of the drone.
All you did was register yourself.
That’s interesting. Why does the FAA ask for the drone serial number if it’s not registered?

You must be registering as a part 107.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Here in the US any drone over a certain weight must be registered you must go to the FAA website register your drone they ask what type of drone the drone manufacturer and drone serial number then when you sell the drone go back on the web site and take it off your account whether it's for recreational or commercial

Reactions: ff22
Here in the US any drone over a certain weight must be registered you must go to the FAA website register your drone they ask what type of drone the drone manufacturer and drone serial number then when you sell the drone go back on the web site and take it off your account whether it's for recreational or commercial
If you register for recreational flying, the FAA don't ask for any details of your drone or drones and your drones are not associated with your account at all, so it's impossible to remove them from your account.
You don't actually register your drone for recreational flying, you register yourself as a drone owner.

If you register for recreational flying, the FAA don't ask for any details of your drone or drones and your drones are not associated with your account at all, so it's impossible to remove them from your account.
You don't actually register your drone for recreational flying, you register yourself as a drone owner.
This was my sons spark that had to be registered and that was for recreational flying not 107 am I missing something here plus a 5.00 fee for each drone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200814-072456_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200814-072456_Chrome~2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair