DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to expect?

ebigham1

Reactions
I am awaiting delivery of my Mavic air. With a fly more package. What should I expect/do for my first flight? Is this as good as the reviews? Any help/info would be great.

Thanks everyone.
Eddie

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

Here's a good getting started video:

DJI drones in general are great drones. The Mavic Air is one of my favorites.

Reactions: buddb55
Welcome to the forum! :)

Here's a good getting started video:

DJI drones in general are great drones. The Mavic Air is one of my favorites.

Thank you,

I am hoping that everything will go good. This is my first quadcopter. So I am hoping that I will not crash it to bad. Hoping it is easy to fly. I bought a few drones but returned them they felt like cheap toys. So I bit the bullet and went for the money to get a good one. I think I made a good investment.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Start in a wide open area with no obstacles (trees, buildings, etc.). If you stay within that area, it will be tough to crash it.

It is really easy to fly which can get people over confident. Read RTH until you thoroughly understand it, and always set it up. Pay attention to the wind. For whatever reason more birds have been lost because of wind the last 2 weeks than any other reason.

I am awaiting delivery of my Mavic air. With a fly more package.
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.57657

Reactions: Former Member
OP, before you even start the motors, you might consider getting insurance for your drone. State Farm is my #1 choice for insurance, DJI Refresh is #2 and it will let you enjoy your flying experience more, knowing that you are covered.

Reactions: Ynksfan27 and BD0G
Start in a wide open area with no obstacles (trees, buildings, etc.). If you stay within that area, it will be tough to crash it.

I have about 5 acres of open fields at my house that I will practice on until I get comfortable. Is there a way to slow it down like maybe a beginners mode?

I have about 5 acres of open fields at my house that I will practice on until I get comfortable. Is there a way to slow it down like maybe a beginners mode?
Yes, there is a beginners mode. Don't forget to read the manual... :)

Reactions: Former Member
It is really easy to fly which can get people over confident. Read RTH until you thoroughly understand it, and always set it up. Pay attention to the wind. For whatever reason more birds have been lost because of wind the last 2 weeks than any other reason.

I have been familiarizing myself with the RTH feature for that reason.

Is there a way to slow it down like maybe a beginners mode?
Yeah, beginner mode would be a good start. You'll be prompted to enable it while you're activating your Mavic in DJI GO.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.57657

I really wanted this to help sell my home by doing a fly over of the property. Im looking for mor land for my animals.

Reactions: dirkclod
AS above. Do read the manual not once at at least twice. Don't buy and fly... you will loose it! get onto utube . There are hundreds of very useful videos and tutorials. Learn to fly it first then take photos and videos as they are another thing to master. Wishing you happy flying.
Please do not fly it indoors!!!!!!!!!!

AS above. Do read the manual not once at at least twice. Don't buy and fly... you will loose it! get onto utube . There are hundreds of very useful videos and tutorials. Learn to fly it first then take photos and videos as they are another thing to master. Wishing you happy flying.
Please do not fly it indoors!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I have been trying to learn all I can. There is almost too much information. You can get overwhelmed.

I just got a mavic 2 pro and my brother got a mavic air (he's 10 years old). I have only ever flown the little dinky quadcopters you can find at Wal-Mart. Personally I was a little nervous because I feel those little ones were very difficult to fly and get used to. I lost interest very quickly. After flying my mavic I was completely amazed at how easy it is to handle. Like stated above, don't get over confident too quickly (its easy to do). I have not had any wrecks yet. And I absolutely love it. I have really enjoyed reading all the forums and just learning as much as I can about the hobby. The forums are super helpful, YouTube has become my best friend. And my brother hasn't had any problems with his air. If he can fly it no problem so can you.
Have fun and safe flying.

I just got a mavic 2 pro and my brother got a mavic air (he's 10 years old). I have only ever flown the little dinky quadcopters you can find at Wal-Mart. Personally I was a little nervous because I feel those little ones were very difficult to fly and get used to. I lost interest very quickly. After flying my mavic I was completely amazed at how easy it is to handle. Like stated above, don't get over confident too quickly (its easy to do). I have not had any wrecks yet. And I absolutely love it. I have really enjoyed reading all the forums and just learning as much as I can about the hobby. The forums are super helpful, YouTube has become my best friend. And my brother hasn't had any problems with his air. If he can fly it no problem so can you.
Have fun and safe flying.

Well I'm just about 50 mso I might have some difficulty with it. Lol The good thing is I will not try anything crazy like a 10yo. Lol At least I hope I won't. Thank for the vote of confidence. I will try my best to make you proud.

Remember that if you get into a tight spot and feel yourself beginning to panic just take your fingers off the sticks and breathe for a moment. The Mavic will hover in place and you can "park it in the sky" . Careful thought and a brief pause can sometimes help you figure out the next best move.

Also, always launch the drone with it pointing away from you and with nothing above you like tree branches.

Reason being. If you position the drone facing you and think it is pointing away when you begin moving forwards you will actually be heading right back into yourself.

Remember that if you get into a tight spot and feel yourself beginning to panic just take your fingers off the sticks and breathe for a moment. The Mavic will hover in place and you can "park it in the sky" . Careful thought and a brief pause can sometimes help you figure out the next best move.

Also, always launch the drone with it pointing away from you and with nothing above you like tree branches.

Reason being. If you position the drone facing you and think it is pointing away when you begin moving forwards you will actually be heading right back into yourself.

Thank you for the tip. Now I just will have to remember it. I am going to get the flying down first then start with the filming and pictures. Flying should be challenging enough at first.

I am awaiting delivery of my Mavic air. With a fly more package. What should I expect/do for my first flight? Is this as good as the reviews? Any help/info would be great.

Thanks everyone.
Eddie
Howdy from Wyoming @ebigham1 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldutson