DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What video editing software you guys using?

Cyberlink Power Director 16 or 18 are terrific and easy to learn.
I am learning with Version 18. Why did you omit v17? Just because you had no personal experience with it?

Hi.

so how does adobe premiere works when buying.
Do i have to keep paying per month or is there a way to buy it for the whole life like final cut ?

The latest version you have to subscribe, like $30 a month. That includes some other software though.

But you might be able to find older versions from several years back which are one-time purchases.

Reactions: droneloverair
Hi.

so how does adobe premiere works when buying.
Do i have to keep paying per month or is there a way to buy it for the whole life like final cut ?
It's a monthly charge and comes with a lot of other key pieces of software. Just find the right bundle and you're golden. Since you have a decent drone for pictures consider the bundled with Photoshop. Considering the level of software you're getting and all the addons like rush for mobile editing and media encoder for transcoding, that you get it's a decent deal. It's like paying for HBO and getting new movies every month in the newest format or amassing a huge vhs collection that's now basically a paper weight. Lol. Software as a service model isn't for everyone but there is a good reason why it works for a lot of people.

I have tried most of the free options and keep going back to premier. Try the 30 free trial and see if it's for you. Can't hurt to try it.

This is just my opinion and I am answering a question. I understand not everyone agrees so we can skip the but Resolve is free, blah blah blah cause the arguments are just pointless with all the good info about both on the forums.

Well.

So ov been learning davinci for 2 weeks now.

Sofarso good.

I know now how to make grid to fix my horizon.

Changing speeds slowmo and faster pace the correct way.

Been learning parallax effect and i seem to know 2 ways now.

I also found out you could batch pictures for timelapse. No more need for lightroom therefore cheaper.

This just gets better and better.

I use Premiere Pro that comes with Adobe Creative Cloud Student membership for $20/month which isn't bad.

For the video editing software, currently I am using Camtasia as I'm just a newer to video editing. There are many programs for your choice. By the way, here I want to share a tip for those who are using iTunes. If you want to edit iTunes videos on the video editing software, you could use the Mac iTunes Video Converter to help you convert iTunes videos so that you can use them easily.

Adobe Premiere Elements. A slightly stripped-down consumer version ($99), but does everything I need. Very stable, never locks up or slows down. The proxy files work very well.

Last edited: