DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What video editing software you guys using?

Not the Mac version of iMovie, the iPad version?

I'm curious if these free editing software will use things like LUTs and allow color grading.

I just installed and was trying out Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Wow it would not play back 4K video clips. Had to install Adobe Media Encoder and then it take to long to re-render in a format that will play back in Premiere Pro. I have been using Cyberlink Power Director for years and used the same clips and played all clips immediately with no choppy delay. So really disappointed in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Question, I also am trying Adobe After Effects. Once you create a video in After Effects can you use that clip in other video editing software? Or does it have to be only used with Adobe Premiere Pro??? After Effects is pretty neat would like to use with Power Director but haven't figured out how to do...

Adobe Premiere and After Effects are $30 a month isn't it?

That alone would eliminate them for me.

$360 a year, if not more with taxes, indefinitely?

If you make money from producing videos, fine, you can write it off. But for hobbyists?

Premiere is $20 USD/mo, I am not sure about After Effects. Too expensive for me as well, even though it is the gold standard. I already pay for Photoshop CC which is $10 USD/mo and doesn't provide any discount for Premiere.

DaVinci Resolve is free and almost as good as Premiere - lots of people think it has a better color grading utility as well.

Also if you're having trouble playing back 4K it is either your computer or the codec, not Premiere ;)

My favorite is still LumaFusion for the iPad, especially for Mavic Air footage.

Premiere is $20 USD/mo, I am not sure about After Effects. Too expensive for me as well, even though it is the gold standard. I already pay for Photoshop CC which is $10 USD/mo and doesn't provide any discount for Premiere.

DaVinci Resolve is free and almost as good as Premiere - lots of people think it has a better color grading utility as well.

Also if you're having trouble playing back 4K it is either your computer or the codec, not Premiere ;)

My favorite is still LumaFusion for the iPad, especially for Mavic Air footage.

I have to look up DaVinci Resolve... My computer just built last year with all the best of everything from the processor to memory, video card and EVO 980 drives, so maybe it might be the codec. I kind of know what the codec does but do not know how to check what I am using. What I had found is that I have to run the clips through Adobe Media Encoder and that is an extra step that is not needed with Power Director.. But really would still like to figure Adobe Premiere Pro out. Thanks, Dave...

Reactions: CanadaDrone
My personal choice is Wondershare Filmora.
It's quick and dirty but very simple to use. It has transitions, filters and can use LUT's. Filmora uses a timeline view which suits my editing skills.
My problem with the big 'pro' apps is that they all seem a bit complicated to do a relatively simple task, which is cutting (editing) down a large file into much smaller pieces.
When I remove footage in Filmora my timeline automatically moves to the edit point, without me doing anything.
My Youtube channel Ian P will allow you to see my results. All my recent videos are 4K filmed on a Mavic Air. I am a total amateur, but you will see I get fairly good results.
For Windows users there is also the old Movie Maker which is adequate for very basic needs.

Got older MacBook Pro... Got iMovie on it..

didnt see anyone mention it.... Anyone ha any experience with it!

Thanks

Got older MacBook Pro... Got iMovie on it..

didnt see anyone mention it.... Anyone ha any experience with it!

Thanks

Add patience to the mix and it ll work great. I have numerous older Macs. If you wipe them clean they will handle 1080 video alright but 4K is prob a dream. Personally I’d take a iPad or even an iPhone any day over that.

Tried iMovie briefly.

No way I see to load LUTs. No way to import the .cube file.

I just installed and was trying out Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Wow it would not play back 4K video clips. Had to install Adobe Media Encoder and then it take to long to re-render in a format that will play back in Premiere Pro. I have been using Cyberlink Power Director for years and used the same clips and played all clips immediately with no choppy delay. So really disappointed in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Question, I also am trying Adobe After Effects. Once you create a video in After Effects can you use that clip in other video editing software? Or does it have to be only used with Adobe Premiere Pro??? After Effects is pretty neat would like to use with Power Director but haven't figured out how to do...
The trial version of premiere pro does not include the 4k codec or at least not the H.265 codex. once you enter a paid subscription you can activate it. Any download (torrent versions) would not contain the codex either.
I think they are stupid not to include the codex in the trail version, I mean thats what it is for right, so we can check if our hardware can handle it.

hi all Ipad 2018 video editing ..LumaFusion 4k .export h.265 , video import from drone Mavic Air on sd card reader to lighting..... my luts, color corection ,editing

I use Wondershare Filmora. You can evaluate it for free (it will watermark your output until you buy it). I've been using it for about 4 years now to put out videos for my company. They update the software on a regular basis, actually I have stuck with V8.7 for the sake of familiarity. Easy to use and great results too. It's inexpensive to buy and add on effects can be purchased if you feel you need em.

Reactions: irpnetgb
I've been using Kinemaster for android on a Samsung Tab S3. Certainly not as good as a desktop program but remarkably good for a mobile device. Has color grading. And lots of features. Handles 4k as well (I don't use that, keep mine at 1080 for strictly YouTube.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart