DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What video editing software you guys using?

Just seems hard to do. I can't find a view big enough in the color grading screen to actually see the impact the grading changes are having while I am doing the adjusting.
Easiest way to apply LUTs to a video according to me is Adobe lightroom.

Anyone using Sony Vegas pro on PC?

I've used it for mounting video with gopro, but I did not try yet with the 4K video of MP..

So far, I have the best results with Vegas 15 Pro. Stable and relatively fast. I am mostly editing 2,7 k, since 4 k is a real pain to edit and does not offer too many benefits.

I've been using an open-source (i.e free!) one called ShotCut. Haven't done any colour correction stuff (which i understand it has as a feature), so i can't really comment on that aspect.

But it feels really lightweight, and has been quite user-friendly. I'm running an i5 with 16GB RAM and a 1GB Radeon HD 5400, and it seems to handle it okay.

Reactions: Slowcaptain
So far, I have the best results with Vegas 15 Pro. Stable and relatively fast. I am mostly editing 2,7 k, since 4 k is a real pain to edit and does not offer too many benefits.
Then I'll lower the quality down to 2,7k on MP, it's true that on many of screens 4k does not add anything more

I use Pinnacle studio 21. It handles 4k with no problem and costs less than £100.

I use Final Cut X which edits 4k with ease on 2016 MacBook since it's so well optimised. Prior to that I used Davinchi which does a lot of thins the same and some better (colour grading) then FCX, and hard to believe it's free. IT's not as well optimised so stuggles with 4k playback/scrubbing, but this is solved by using proxies.

If anyone if thinking about FCX and has friends or family that are students/teachers/work in education, I'd recommend getting them to purchase it for you and you'll get it for £199/$199 or equivalent depending where you're located

Reactions: drrjv
I've been using an open-source (i.e free!) one called ShotCut. Haven't done any colour correction stuff (which i understand it has as a feature), so i can't really comment on that aspect.

But it feels really lightweight, and has been quite user-friendly. I'm running an i5 with 16GB RAM and a 1GB Radeon HD 5400, and it seems to handle it okay.
I used shortcut too. It has option to load and apply LUTs buried deep under "filters" and has some silly nuisances while doing so. But you are right, for free and lightweight it offers a lot. It runs fine on my computer too.

Reactions: avanti1963
I have had my mavic air since 2 months back. I wanted to have an easy way of editing my family videos as well as merging the drone shots with clips from my actioncam.

I have used premiere pro in the past but this was before i discovered Luma Fusion for ios. Its incredible guys. Im amazed no one has mensioned it. You have everything from keyframing to custom importable luts and awsome editing tools for slowmo and an advanced sound editor. Custom transitions can be done and saved as presets etc. Also one can choose the output resolution and bitrate. Sounds like im working for them (im not) but it is really that amazing.

My iphone 7 edits 4k and saves them @75mbit /s no problem and its faast!!! Upload the result to Dropbox/gdrive and your set to then archive it wherever you want.
So my recomendation luma fusion for professional videos. For fast 1080p vaccation/clip showoffs i use Quik for ios!!!! Try it its awsome for fast sharable autamatically edited soundsynced transitional videos!

Last edited:
I am on the DaVinci Resolve website, what's the difference between the Free one and the £229 one? I know there is probably a lot of features missing from free one, but can free one do good editing for drone footage to create cinematic footage

I am on the DaVinci Resolve website, what's the difference between the Free one and the £229 one? I know there is probably a lot of features missing from free one, but can free one do good editing for drone footage to create cinematic footage

I think i figured out the price question, the paid one is for the Studio 15 Beta whereas the free one is not the studio just 15 beta so two different versions. I assume studio is much more advanced. I think the following article might help:

Blackmagic releases DaVinci Resolve 15 with all-new VFX and motion graphics module

It mentions:

Today's release isn't the final version, but rather a public beta that is available as a free download to all current DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio customers. The free version of DaVinci Resolve 15 will remain free, while the Studio version—which adds multi-user collaboration, support for frame rates over 60p, more filters and effects, and more—is available for $300 with "no annual subscription fees or ongoing licensing costs." Take that Adobe...

I have had my mavic air since 2 months back. I wanted to have an easy way of editing my family videos as well as merging the drone shots with clips from my actioncam.

I have used premiere pro in the past but this was before i discovered Luma Fusion for ios. Its incredible guys. Im amazed no one has mensioned it. You have everything from keyframing to custom importable luts and awsome editing tools for slowmo and an advanced sound editor. Custom transitions can be done and saved as presets etc. Also one can choose the output resolution and bitrate. Sounds like im working for them (im not) but it is really that amazing.

My iphone 7 edits 4k and saves them @75mbit /s no problem and its faast!!! Upload the result to Dropbox/gdrive and your set to then archive it wherever you want.
So my recomendation luma fusion for professional videos. For fast 1080p vaccation/clip showoffs i use Quik for ios!!!! Try it its awsome for fast sharable autamatically edited soundsynced transitional videos!
It was mentioned early on. I'm going to install the app on my iPad pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic