DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what went wonky?

better be careful this might be moved to off-topic;)

Good morning friends.
I went out to my driveway earlier to practice stick coordination with drone facing me as suggested by one of the youtube tut guys and noticed lots of weirdness.
1) continuous yawling (is that a word?) while hovering 6' over the driveway lowers my altitude all the way to the ground within a matter of seconds (while wobbling all the way down).
2) APAS and obstacle detection on the drone stops in front of a tree and doesn't attempt to go around.
3) with APAS and obstacle detection turned off I still get the beeping when it detects an object
4) no H264 available in 4K60 only H265 (maybe that is normal?)
I'm hoping I just need to recalibrate something and there's nothing physically wrong.
I did replace a pair of props since flying last but that's all that I can think of that would be different.
Thanks,
Randy
I guess one way to find out is consult the user manual.

I guess one way to find out is consult the user manual.
Ohhhh man...why didn't I think of that?!!!
I've done my fair share of RTFMing and research my friend but thanks for pointing that out. :rolleyes:

Might is have something to do with your recent propeller replacement? You said that you just replaced a pair. How about putting the old ones back on, or putting another pair to replace the remaining two to see if that changes the performance. My guess is that the pairs may not be matched for some reason. Are they all the same?

Might is have something to do with your recent propeller replacement? You said that you just replaced a pair. How about putting the old ones back on, or putting another pair to replace the remaining two to see if that changes the performance. My guess is that the pairs may not be matched for some reason. Are they all the same?
Maybe you missed the post that followed but there is no more wobble.
It turns out taking off directly from my concrete reinforced-with-rebar driveway (without a launch pad) made it wonky.
After re-calibrating (and learning my lesson) it flys great ?

Reactions: jbasshawk1
me too at this point but I definitely appreciate all the help :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edy44