DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What will be your most important advise to a new-be?

Skymaster

Reactions
I have been watching Youtube videos and reading the posts here.
Would love to hear some of your suggestions.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

Reactions: Lake_Flyer
Like bowens44 says: RTFM
After you've done that, do it again for good measure.

Reactions: dekip
What type of UAS you want to fly? Just for fun, Aerial Photo/ Videography, racing & aerobatics. Every quad has it's purpose.

" You don't realize how far you can walk until you learn to fly!"

I'm still a newbie....but I would say a few things:

1) Don't fly inside because it was raining outside the day you get it (not that I did that :) )
2) Take time to figure out the controls. I find myself going up/down instead of forward backwards every now and then. Not good when your pool is below you.
3) To turn on/off ...push the button quickly and then hold it down a second time. Like others...if I read the manual, I would have know this versus frustration.

I watched a lot of YouTube videos on the Mavic to include DJI's video tutorials and manual. I did this despite my experience with other drones and DJI products.

Find an open field and gain altitude to get a feel for the controls. Have fun and try not to stress.

Id suggest to keep the MP in Beginner mode until you think you know what you are doing, then continue in Beginner mode for another 3/4 weeks.... until you really know what you are doing.

I have been watching Youtube videos and reading the posts here.
Would love to hear some of your suggestions.

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."

Accidents & crashes happen in an instant. Kept everyone away from the drone until you've turned it off. Height is your friend when flying a drone.

I watched a lot of YouTube videos on the Mavic to include DJI's video tutorials and manual. I did this despite my experience with other drones and DJI products.

Find an open field and gain altitude to get a feel for the controls. Have fun and try not to stress.

Will do, it seems like everyone says it, It has to be important.

+ one !

Fly in vast open spaces if possible to gain confidence.

Remember that the pause button on the RC will halt RTH if initiated against your will. (other than signal loss)

Wait until the app confirms "home point recorded" before taking off after starting mavic.

Make sure RTH function is set to return to home point instead of hover or land.

Do not fly out of vision.

If visual orientation is lost at distant, use RC distance indicator to bring it back.

Have fun and respect others peoples space. :)

:)Added to my keep list, thank you!

I totally agree with the Newbie aspect of telling them to watch and follow and listen after reading the manual to all of the forums especially this one and practice practice practice small baby steps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21