DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you do? I just got a quote for a repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve M

Reactions
Problem ; it loses signal after 20 or 30 meters.
"
  • Core Board Module
  • Right Control Stick Module
" Payment Options
Product Code Description QTY Unit Price Total
DJI_RMA DJI - RMA Repair (Repair Service and Accessories) 1 $883.46
Subtotal $883.46
Tax (GST 10%) $88.35

TOTAL (inc GST) $971.81"

2 yr old zoom , It has been up about 2 or three dozen times, I use auto take off, auto return,
I am no 'Pilot', when I go away for a weekend, I have taken about a hundred pics and about 50, 30 sec vids.
I just take a few pics and vids a few times a year when on holidays

I am really disappointed in the longevity/reliability of the drone, since I paid about $3000 all up,
a couple of years ago.
But back to the question ,should I ,

1 pay it.
2 get another one second hand zoom,
3 get a cheaper DJI?
4 or something else?

Is there something better after 2 years?

Also I have already invested in a fly more pack and goggles.

This nearly $1000 invoice has really shocked me.

I just take a few pics and vids a few times a year when on holidays

Have you considered getting the Mavic Mini if you're only using it a couple times a year? You really don't need the best kit to do that.

Reactions: Steve M
me i would check local for sale sources (craigslist, facebook, drone forums) and buy a used body. they are generally 600ish. or ive seen some on ebay its the body with no camera. but yea almost a grand to fix yours is costly. even if you buy a new drone only. you can then sell yours off for parts

I'm shocked too. That right stick control module is about six bucks. I would ask them to explain to you how those two items happened to fail. When I did that I received a new Mavic Air 1 and Controller at a very nominal charge. I'm pretty sure my drone was older than yours because I've had it longer than a friend who bought a zoom when they first appeared.
Did you download all the data so that they know that it had never crashed. I'm pretty sure they can tell something like that from the data.
If that fails, PINBALL'S suggestion sounds like a pretty good one for your needs. I'm sure you could peddle the rest of the kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada