DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's going on with my footage...

So running After Effects and Premiere Pro at the same time causes both of them to run slower, whereas I can edit in Lightroom and export the files, then close Lightroom and open Premiere to finish exporting in 4k.
Also you shouldn’t have to have AE open once you open in PP. just save your AE file and link with dynamic link and close AE.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Also you shouldn’t have to have AE open once you open in PP. just save your AE file and link with dynamic link and close AE.
Is there a way to "create a proxy" for Davinci?

So far, my footage is barely choppy, not terrible, but could be better....

When scrolling through the timeline it is buttery smooth, but when I press the spacebar I get choppy footage. Any ideas? It's literally backwards of PP with proxy workflows.

(I'm already liking Davinci already though)

I gotta go to bed, but I appreciate you.

I'm hoping for a Sunrise Hyperlapse in the morning.

I'll be referring to your post in the beginning about Davinci Workflows for Timelapses, and then I'll be refencing @Dale D for editing the same footage in LRt and see which I prefer.

Be back tomorrow.

Is there a way to "create a proxy" for Davinci?

So far, my footage is barely choppy, not terrible, but could be better....

When scrolling through the timeline it is buttery smooth, but when I press the spacebar I get choppy footage. Any ideas? It's literally backwards of PP with proxy workflows.

(I'm already liking Davinci already though)

I gotta go to bed, but I appreciate you.

I'm hoping for a Sunrise Hyperlapse in the morning.

I'll be referring to your post in the beginning about Davinci Workflows for Timelapses, and then I'll be refencing @Dale D for editing the same footage in LRt and see which I prefer.

Be back tomorrow.
Playback tab at the top and then proxy. Choose your quality.

You can also go to the camera raw tab inside the color tab (looks like a video camera with an iris) and change decode quality. That’s also where you change your RAW controls too by the way.

Just be sure to change that back before export or check “force debayer to highest quality” in the export settings.

First Davinci Timelapse
No Audio
Workflow was much, MUCH faster to end result.

LRtimelapse is next.

@brett8883
@Dale D
Remember to crop to 16:9. Your photos are either 4:3 or 3:4 (I can’t remember on MA2) but people expect 16:9 and will get black bars on the side if you don’t.

Looks good though! Kudos for being willing to listen and try new things. That’s what it’s all about being a content creator. Too often people aren’t willing to try new things and miss out.

A dng sequence is a video made up of DNG (RAW photos) instead of jpegs like you’ve been doing.

Usually DNG would require special software like Lightroom to edit but DaVinci Resolve can edit the videos made from RAW photos just like Lightroom does it for photos.
Ok... I'll do some homework on this. Thanks.

UPDATE: first thing I notice that capturing in RAW demands that the minimum time per shot is 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Lightroom isn’t a proper program to edit videos and I believe you can at max export 1080p time-lapses and all edits are global. Shoot in RAW and use DaVinci Resolve to edit your video.

All you do is put all the DNGs from the time lapse in a folder and then use the import dialogue in Resolve to go to that folder and Resolve will automatically recognize that the photos in that folder is actually a video and create at 12 bit video for you automatically.

You can do the same thing with jpegs but if you do you only get 8 bits to work with and if you do it in RAW you’ll get an extra menu of options in the color tab called “RAW.”

The RAW menu will allow to edit in 12 bit color and give you plus or minus 3 stops of exposure latitude. You can make true HDR video with that kind of power. If you’ve ever heard of CinemaDNG that is exactly what this is. I’m telling you guys it’s amazing.
I needed a video editor to do color grading of D-Log, and I was blown away by DaVinci Resolve, it's great. I've already pulled in my DNG's and edited the lot of the shots in one swoop, very nice. You can also do this to individual shots as well. I also have been recommending it to others. Lots of great tutorials for it's use on YouTube and on the BlackMagic Design site.

Yea that is a valid limitation.
Yes and no. Ive had some situations that called for 5 seconds. For example, at night (or dusk) where I'm doing a time lapse of cars with lights and need a shutter time of 3 seconds. But generally for a daytime shot, my default is 2 seconds between shots.

Lightroom isn’t a proper program to edit videos and I believe you can at max export 1080p time-lapses and all edits are global. Shoot in RAW and use DaVinci Resolve to edit your video.

All you do is put all the DNGs from the time lapse in a folder and then use the import dialogue in Resolve to go to that folder and Resolve will automatically recognize that the photos in that folder is actually a video and create at 12 bit video for you automatically.

You can do the same thing with jpegs but if you do you only get 8 bits to work with and if you do it in RAW you’ll get an extra menu of options in the color tab called “RAW.”

The RAW menu will allow to edit in 12 bit color and give you plus or minus 3 stops of exposure latitude. You can make true HDR video with that kind of power. If you’ve ever heard of CinemaDNG that is exactly what this is. I’m telling you guys it’s amazing.

Didn't know this capability of Resolve. Thanks for letting me know. Really excited to try it out now!

Mine did the same thing the other day with my Mavic two pro doing a hyper laps ? Sure wish I could figure it out maybe Hyperlapse goes into automatic exposure

Anybody got any ideas?

Flashes, Temp Shifts... Why?

It's all shot Manual, ISO 100, locked shutter speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25