DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's next for us from DJI?

Former Member

Reactions
Now that the Mavic 2 series has hit the market, what do you think DJI has planned as its next surprise for us drone addicts? The M2 has pretty much boosted itself from consumer drone to prosumer level with it's choice of advanced cameras, and other cutting edge features. The big question Im wondering is what is next? Is there going to be a Phantom 5? Mavic Air 2? Spark Pro?

Here's my take, after looking into my crystal ball:

Mavic Air 2 - would be a nice choice if it was upgraded to Occusync, had more obstacle sensors, longer battery life, low noise props, a better camera, and a controller with a digital display. I would guess it would be priced around $999

Phantom 5 - Is it too much to ask for a detachable gimbal for the Phantom series like the Inspire has? Some people were disappointed that the Mavic 2 didnt have a removable gimbal, maybe a Phantom 5 will hold that in store for us. Also, having Occusync or boosted controller would be nice for the Phantom series. I would guess the price would be around $1899 - $2199 depending upon which gimbal was chosen

Spark - a great little drone with so many limitations and so much to improve on. It could be upgraded to a 3 axis gimbal, front and rear obstacle avoidance, Occusync, and a digital controller. An upgraded version would probably sell for around $599

What do you think will be the next DJI spectacular drone event?

Reactions: Irish-apple
But I think your guess of an upgraded Mavic Air and Spark are spot-on. Phantom 5? Hmmm.. They are so big and loud -- now that they have a real nice camera on the Mavic 2 Pro they would really have to step up what they have on the P5. Also, maybe an upgraded Tello. That small form is really nice for casual buzzing!

I'll also wish for something: I would LOVE to see DJI Occusync and battery tech put into an RC boat. ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Really fun thinking about it though.

Reactions: Former Member
Flying cars. I am kidding; if those things become legal I am moving to Bolivia

Reactions: Former Member
time will tell unlike the mp,im not blindly buying again

Technology tends to improve over time, so here's to hoping.

This is still technology in relative infancy, so there are bound to be growing pains. I don't know of any flawless drones on the market, yet.

They'll finally merge with Apple and bring us the.....wait for it......

The Mavbook Air.

There will be 5 varieties:

Mavbook Air
Mavbook Air 2.0 Elite
Mavbook Air X
Mavbook Air Light
Mavbook Air Crystal Carbon

There will be something important missing off each of them that will, of course, be added when the upgraded versions are released 6 months later a twice the price.

I was pondering this too
When the Mavic came out it seemed almost perfect for most users ... except the camera shortcomings soon became evident.
Now they have made something almost like a flying Sony RX100 I struggle to see what more can be improved provided real-world users don't soon find other problems.

Even the flight time is almost always plenty long enough considering the degree of concentration demanded.
Perhaps some might wish for similar capability in an ever smaller package - perhaps ultimately almost insect-like dimensions.

Now that the Mavic 2 series has hit the market, what do you think DJI has planned as its next surprise for us drone addicts? The M2 has pretty much boosted itself from consumer drone to prosumer level with it's choice of advanced cameras, and other cutting edge features. The big question Im wondering is what is next? Is there going to be a Phantom 5? Mavic Air 2? Spark Pro?

Here's my take, after looking into my crystal ball:

Mavic Air 2 - would be a nice choice if it was upgraded to Occusync, had more obstacle sensors, longer battery life, low noise props, a better camera, and a controller with a digital display. I would guess it would be priced around $999

Phantom 5 - Is it too much to ask for a detachable gimbal for the Phantom series like the Inspire has? Some people were disappointed that the Mavic 2 didnt have a removable gimbal, maybe a Phantom 5 will hold that in store for us. Also, having Occusync or boosted controller would be nice for the Phantom series. I would guess the price would be around $1899 - $2199 depending upon which gimbal was chosen

Spark - a great little drone with so many limitations and so much to improve on. It could be upgraded to a 3 axis gimbal, front and rear obstacle avoidance, Occusync, and a digital controller. An upgraded version would probably sell for around $599

What do you think will be the next DJI spectacular drone event?
I would like to see a Pro Spark. I would be happy with an 3 axis gimbal.
Using an Apple iphone 6, I've never had an issue with range, or glitches with the monitor, so I don't know that I care about Occusync, Besides, the battery life is too short for much more distance. While the Spark battery is short lived, it helps me focus on what I want to capture.
I don't care about the avoidance sensors as I turn them all off.
I would also like to see D-Cinelike with the Pro Spark. I'm ok with leaving it at 1080p just give me some more dynamic range for post.
If they do upgrade, I'd like to be able to use the existing batteries, and remote to keep the price down.

They'll finally merge with Apple and bring us the.....wait for it......

The Mavbook Air.

There will be 5 varieties:

Mavbook Air
Mavbook Air 2.0 Elite
Mavbook Air X
Mavbook Air Light
Mavbook Air Crystal Carbon

There will be something important missing off each of them that will, of course, be added when the upgraded versions are released 6 months later a twice the price.

And it'll be twice the price of the competition but only half the speed and battery life. They wont let you remap buttons or customise it in any way shape or form.
Then they'll remove the joysticks and claim its "courage".

As for DJI i suspect the next obvious boost is going to be phantom 5. Thats a bigger and more powerful airframe so COULD possible have a zoom and 1" sensor on the same unit. Or easier to swap camera models.
It gives them more options for better optics which are simply too heavy for a mavic type body.

Spark will probably never get 3 axis ,it's meant to be an entry level device
Air 2 is a possibility with low noise, longer battery (aka MPP)
I think you're spot on with the phantom 5 being the step before inspire with exchangeable cameras.
My 2 cents

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun