DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's with Kittyhawk?

PhotobyWD

Reactions
So I attempt to use Laanc to get clearance to fly in a green zone, I click on recreational flyer and after I enter my phone number I get a request for my part 107 number. I want clearance to fly as a recreational pilot as I checked when I signed in. What is the problem with the Kittyhawk app that it does not recognize that when I clearly requested "Recreational Pilot"? Thanks in advance for any help. JNNR

I have installed the latest kittyhawk app. It still keeps asking for my 107 after I choose recreational flyer.

It is asking specifically for part 107 number and date. The app does not let me print anything but numbers so since my FAA hobbyist number includes letters I cannot enter it. I did try to. What gives with this app all the hype and it still doesn't work for hobbyist.

No problem with the app 5.4.2 on Android.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

No problem with the app 5.4.2 on Android.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Yes It still asks for part107 number. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times I also searched for an upgrade but didn’t,t find any. I even tried to go through b4ufly and have the same problem.

Yes It still asks for part107 number. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times I also searched for an upgrade but didn’t,t find any. I even tried to go through b4ufly and have the same problem.

B4UFLY doesn't include LAANC functionality. It suggests you download Kittyhawk for that.

Are you positive you are clicking on the Recreational option when prompted?
Screenshot_20190813-143603_Kittyhawk.jpg

Reactions: Fly Girl
Absolutely, yes I am not that stupid! I click on recreational. I get the same request for part 107 on my android phone and on my android tablet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both several times and still get the same results.

Absolutely, yes I am not that stupid! I click on recreational. I get the same request for part 107 on my android phone and on my android tablet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both several times and still get the same results.

I just went though the entire process with a new account on Android and wasn't required to actually enter a Part 107 number. When the box comes up to enter your personal data (such as phone number), you can just leave the Part 107 section blank, and then you hit the arrow in the top corner of the screen to close that dialog box. I was then able to proceed to get a LAANC authorization.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu