DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When doing a compass calibration, remember to remove your gloves/mittens with magnets in them

psloan

Reactions
It was cold. I was having a heck of a time getting my mavic air to compass calibrate. Moved location away from the lookout building that had cables holding it down....Took my keys out of my pocket/phone too. then it dawned on me... I was wearing my convertible finger less gloves that had magnets in them. Doh!

Here is the video I shot :

Brilliant video, sod living in that house on the cliff;)

Thanks! The building is a retired forest service fire lookout. It's open to the public. Just an empty building. We camped on a flat spot on the lower ridge just before the treeline. Same night some others slept in the lookout. Pretty epic place. 2 hour drive from Seattle and just over a mile hike to get there.

Here is my video from the summer:

Thanks! The building is a retired forest service fire lookout. It's open to the public. Just an empty building. We camped on a flat spot on the lower ridge just before the treeline. Same night some others slept in the lookout. Pretty epic place. 2 hour drive from Seattle and just over a mile hike to get there.

Here is my video from the summer:

Brilliant adventure, I would love to do something like that very envious of you.;) Watching your vid now;)

Reactions: psloan
Just watched, cracking scenery, colours... brilliant. That tent was a bit close to the edge....o_O thoroughly enjoyed itThumbswayup

Reactions: Rodcast and psloan
My thoughts too. A little too much celebrating after dinner in that local may be a touch risky.
I’m thinking that spot is what the term “bird’s eye view” originated from.

Awful big crack around that cliff where the shack is, someday its going to fall.

Awful big crack around that cliff where the shack is, someday its going to fall.
I saw that myself. Didn’t want to mention that myself for fear of the gremlins swooping in and knocking it off its perch. Now it will be on you if it does. Lol.

I saw that myself. Didn’t want to mention that myself for fear of the gremlins swooping in and knocking it off its perch. Now it will be on you if it does. Lol.

Yah it's a pretty dramatic crack.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711