DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When shooting hyperlapse is there any way to stop video creation?

Newport

Reactions
I prefer to edit my hyperlapses using the photos captured, and the minute or so the app spends creating a hyperlapse while the drone is in the air is a waste of battery. I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the auto-hyperlapse creation?

I prefer to edit my hyperlapses using the photos captured, and the minute or so the app spends creating a hyperlapse while the drone is in the air is a waste of battery. I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the auto-hyperlapse creation?
I cannot answer that question , but the video creation, which I NEVER use only takes about 30 seconds. Like you, I prefer to save the DNG files and create the Timelapse or Hyperlapse from those.

On my M2P simply moving the drone during "creating" stops it.
Might not be the same on all of them.

I cannot answer that question , but the video creation, which I NEVER use only takes about 30 seconds. Like you, I prefer to save the DNG files and create the Timelapse or Hyperlapse from those.
Yes the video creation doesn't take that long, but I often finish the hyperlapse as the battery is winding down. Those few seconds would be enough to grab a few stills or short clips on the way home. Not a huge issue but it would be nice if there was an option to disable video creation all the same.

What about moving the drone with 1 frame remaining of the hyperlapse to take? That should also abort the creation process.

Not as far as I know, at least not on the Mini 3 (which uses DJI Fly). You can fly the drone but the camera remains fixed in whatever target you've chosen (assuming you are doing a circle, which is what I've done so far). This limits your maneuverability quite a bit!

I took a hyperlapse a couple of weeks ago and it was really annoying because the battery was nearly out and the drone was screaming that it needed to land — and yet it still wouldn't give me control of the camera while it was rendering the movie. I managed to land visually with 3% of the battery left just as the render finished and I got full control again.

I was saving DNG images to make the hyperlapse myself, so didn't actually want the movie file it took so long making.

Last edited:
Yes the video creation doesn't take that long, but I often finish the hyperlapse as the battery is winding down. Those few seconds would be enough to grab a few stills or short clips on the way home. Not a huge issue but it would be nice if there was an option to disable video creation all the same.
I don't like to do that! I do all of my testing with the 1st battery, and any shots I need, and then bring the drone down and replace a fresh battery for the begging and to get the max out of the battery life and enough to return home safely.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
What about moving the drone with 1 frame remaining of the hyperlapse to take? That should also abort the creation process.
That is an interesting idea, I'll have to give it a try once the rain stops here. That's also got me thinking that perhaps initiating RTH might cancel video creation. Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertexshope11