DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

when will i stop.

andrew reeves

Reactions
I think I'm catching a virus. The MAVIC Virus. Just purchased the Mavic air 2. ok, you say big deal. Connection issues, finding the right forum link for that type of topic, explaining to the bride why there's another drone in the family, the list goes on. The lust for the latest and greatest from our nemesis DJI makes me nuts.
Anyway, tell me where to go is an option here. lol. Going to try using the mini 4 tablet connected through an android hotspot after I test the bird with my tried and true s20+. FYI, could not get passed the how to connect screen using the m4. Andriod took two times and connected. TBC.

The Mavic virus is good. I was bitten in August with the MA2 from a Spark and my symptoms are getting better with regular use. :)

After more than 125 messages on this Forum, I figured you would know where to go...

Just teasing. :D

Since you posted in the new pilot section...

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland andrew reeves.

The MA 2 is a fine piece of engineering.

I'm still learning about it myself thanks to the Forum.

There are others here that can help with the Hot Spot issue.

While you're waiting, use the search function of the Forum (magnifying glass at the top right of page) to possibly get answers to your questions.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum (again). :cool:

I think I'm catching a virus. The MAVIC Virus. Just purchased the Mavic air 2. ok, you say big deal. Connection issues, finding the right forum link for that type of topic, explaining to the bride why there's another drone in the family, the list goes on. The lust for the latest and greatest from our nemesis DJI makes me nuts.
Anyway, tell me where to go is an option here. lol. Going to try using the mini 4 tablet connected through an android hotspot after I test the bird with my tried and true s20+. FYI, could not get passed the how to connect screen using the m4. Andriod took two times and connected. TBC.

Welcome to the DJI Family, your passion is welcomed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Float on Water

Sounds almost as bad as the FPV Drone Virus I have. I started getting into FPV at the start of COVID.... I have 16 of them now ?

you are the man. thanks for the refresher course.lol

I've got that same bug. I caught it back in July and I can't seem to shake it. It sometimes keep me up at night wondering where to explore next:p

Reactions: MindlessPursuit
Congrats. I recently upgraded to the Mavic Air2 and love it. What I finally learned to do is download the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic program on your computer. This way you can connect your unit and controller thru your computer and do any updates to the firmware. This way you're ready to fly. They also have the DJI Assistant2 for Mini, so make sure you download the correct program.

Yeah, I got it too. Bought a Mavic Pro in January 2019, then a Mavic 2 Pro in April 2020. Still learning.

Yup you just caught the virus....not COVID...but MAVIC!

I purchased the MA2 last week and my wife is going to kill me! I used to fly RC Helis and RC planes for years and loved them "quirks and all".....

I spent a small fortune on building things but life got in the way. I still fly my "old Quad" a ton but the DJI stuff is actually pretty slick! It is WAY TOO EASY to fly!

I used to try and put my old GO PRO or the Mobius cams on my home made things and while I got some cool footage (and tons of crashes) this MA2 is awesome!

As far as tablets/monitors/screens go......I just went with an Asus Zenpad z8s. it is older but the brightness sold me on it. Will test tomorrow when we are out fly fishing.

I'm a new pilot, never flown, and I'm sitting on both a MA2 and MM FMC from the Amazon deals, both unopened. I'm in Central Ohio in a restricted zone with OSU airport, which is very recently LAANC enabled. Remote ID, MM2 coming, Black Friday, etc. -- lotsa moving parts. I'll crack a seal here before too long and get flying, but c'mon, it's complicated. I feel you and I have never flown.

I'm a new pilot, never flown, and I'm sitting on both a MA2 and MM FMC from the Amazon deals, both unopened. I'm in Central Ohio

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland CbusGman.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I'm a new pilot, never flown, and I'm sitting on both a MA2 and MM FMC from the Amazon deals, both unopened. I'm in Central Ohio in a restricted zone with OSU airport, which is very recently LAANC enabled. Remote ID, MM2 coming, Black Friday, etc. -- lotsa moving parts. I'll crack a seal here before too long and get flying, but c'mon, it's complicated. I feel you and I have never flown.

Download airmap onto your phone so you see where airspaces are. Then hop in the car and drive out into the country a few miles where Airmap says it open. I live about 1/2 mile from an airport, so you don't find drone videos of my house.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J