DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do pilots get royalty free music for our flight videos?

Any good sites to get free music to go along with our videos?
There are several threads on this subject. Here are a few.

YouTube music library

I use Vimeo and use whatever I want. Have got by with it so far but stuff I do is just for me and a few. Hardly post any.

This guy lets you use his music and it's pretty decent cinematic stuff!

I use Pinnacle Studio for video processing. It has various music and sound effects included. Price start about $50.

Easier earning curve than some other software suites

I've been using that a bit more lately, just some different ones than in the Go4 app.
Trouble is they are obviously only on Youtube and not saved to your own video offline when showing others on a device, but that is a minor thing.
I add the YouTube sound tracks (I use VSDC) to my videos and have no problem d/l to either my phone or laptop

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I use Logic Pro X on my Mac and make my own .. My Korg piano is pretty impressive, however, there are so many sounds / effects / loops you can use to create some pretty cool stuff on logic.

I Also use Musicbed $12/mo. for personal use. Many people use Epidemic Sound but they charge $15/mo or $12/mo payable yearly for a personal account. Commercial use fees are much higher.

Before I paid for a subscription to Musicbed.com I used to record songs from the internet with the voice memo of my phone, then mail them ("share") to myself and they would become an MP3 file. I got really nervous doing this although I was not monetizing my videos and decided to just pay for the music. I think the most they would do to you would be to request a cease and desist but didn't want to chance a lawsuit worth more money than I am worth.

Reactions: Thomas B
You still have to be careful which sites you use for download, some of them have trojans on them.
Am I good saying that, we must have protective software before down loading from free sites.
Please correct me if I am mistaken in saying that.

You still have to be careful which sites you use for download, some of them have trojans on them.
Am I good saying that, we must have protective software before down loading from free sites.
Please correct me if I am mistaken in saying that.
So far (knock on wood) I have not had security problems with my www.musicbed.com subscription. It is easy to use- lots of genres available. Trying it out is free.

I have used Audioblocks.com for 3yrs. It has an annual cost of ~$150. I like it because of their built in player, providing a list with visual representation of the music, which givena quick indication if the music is loud, varies in tempo, and it's length. It allows you to search and sort by instruments, no vocals, length, and genre. Selecting music takes a lot of time to find appropriate music, but I'm picky. After looking at other music sources without royalties, nobody else has the type of tools that Audioblocks offers to sort through and quickly sample music to quickly eliminate and find good music. Speeding up the selection process is my main issue, I want to find my music fast from a large library. Audioblocks is the best I have found so far, but I'm still looking for something better.

I've been using that a bit more lately, just some different ones than in the Go4 app.
Trouble is they are obviously only on Youtube and not saved to your own video offline when showing others on a device, but that is a minor thing.
If you d/l the music to your computer, then it will stay with your videos as it would be apart of the video you processed.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
There are several threads on this subject. Here are a few.

YouTube as a library with music and sounds this is good place to start...

Reactions: Recoveryone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa