DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where/how to check online for Firmware updates

WanderLost

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've tried online searches, here and on the DJI site and I can't find a list of firmware downloads.
I'm used to computer and electronic equipment updates where I can check the firmware versions on my equipment and then check online to see if I have the latest versions installed. I'm also used to having change logs available in order to see if the updates will apply to my use-case scenario - for example - an expansion of support for new models connected to a controller.

All the advice I see is to let the App do it's own checking when connected to the controller and the drone and it will "take care of me" by saying a update is available.

Is there somewhere this information is listed, and/or places I can download when near Internet access and sideload offline using the PC app?

... I can't find a list of firmware downloads.
I use this:
Terrific! Is there something for Apple tech updates as well...
@WanderLost , your headline asks about firmware... all said so far is about the app (DJI Fly app) which isn't a firmware.

From a PC you check & update the firmware for your drone, RC & batteries through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), get it HERE

@WanderLost , your headline asks about firmware... all said so far is about the app (DJI Fly app) which isn't a firmware.

From a PC you check & update the firmware for your drone, RC & batteries through the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), get it HERE
Thanks. I have that and have used it to update the controller and drone. I'd like to check my batteries as well, but I can't find anything about what updates are available for batteries and what the latest versions would be. Sorry if I'm not careful about my terminology, whether it's firmware or software updates, I'd love to have access to a list where I can check what's available.
I guess I'm just spoiled with the ability to see updates and changelogs for my computers.

...I'd like to check my batteries as well, but I can't find anything about what updates are available for batteries and what the latest versions would be.
You will not find anything regarding the batteries... they get updated together with the drone firmware update in DJI Assistant 2. That's why you need to change your batteries & repeat the drone update through all your batteries. You will notice that you have one for the battery if you just have done the update for the drone with one battery & then try to start up the drone/RC/app with another battery... the app will then tell you that you have a firmware inconsistency.

...I'd love to have access to a list where I can check what's available.
The only thing that exist (sometimes) is the Release Notes DJI put up on the drones DJI site... For the MA2s -->HERE

Scroll down a bit there & you find it...
1677922631817.png
I guess I'm just spoiled with the ability to see updates and changelogs for my computers.
Yep... with DJI you mostly only get "Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability" or "Fixed some bugs"... if any info.

You will not find anything regarding the batteries... they get updated together with the drone firmware update in DJI Assistant 2. That's why you need to change your batteries & repeat the drone update through all your batteries. You will notice that you have one for the battery if you just have done the update for the drone with one battery & then try to start up the drone/RC/app with another battery... the app will then tell you that you have a firmware inconsistency.

The only thing that exist (sometimes) is the Release Notes DJI put up on the drones DJI site... For the MA2s -->HERE

Scroll down a bit there & you find it...
View attachment 161304

Yep... with DJI you mostly only get "Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability" or "Fixed some bugs"... if any info.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I had checked the info you showed and thought, "that can't be all?" But yeah - the last two updates said, "fixed some bugs."
Ah - good info about the "firmware inconsistency". Haven't seen that yet, but when I do, I'll know what it's talking about.
Thanks!

ll the advice I see is to let the App do it's own checking when connected to the controller and the drone and it will "take care of me" by saying a update is available.
I'm sure you probably know this but in the FLY app you can look under the three dots, upper right screen of the Camera, and then under "ABOUT" you can find check for firmware updates. Below is RC updates and below that is APP version. You have to be connected to the aircraft to actually check but you can find it on the APP.

I'm sure you probably know this but in the FLY app you can look under the three dots, upper right screen of the Camera, and then under "ABOUT" you can find check for firmware updates. Below is RC updates and below that is APP version. You have to be connected to the aircraft to actually check but you can find it on the APP.
Yes - that is helpful. As a newbie I was used to my experience with computers over the years and since flying is a more risky hobby, I was more concerned about not being able to check before heading out into the field.
Sometimes, the updates pop up while I've preparing to fly. Just the other day, I had to wait 20 minutes in the field for the updates to download and install.
Do people get into the habit of taking out the drone, connecting to the controller and checking before they leave home?
I guess DJI's system is similar to my iPhone. Updates just "appear" and ask if I want to install.

... Do people get into the habit of taking out the drone, connecting to the controller and checking before they leave home?
No need to get panicked just because you didn't check for any FW updates before going out... the drone will likely fly equal good as earlier without being on the latest version. If the app notifies you about an update out in the field, just postpone it & do it later.

No need to get panicked just because you didn't check for any FW updates before going out... the drone will likely fly equal good as earlier without being on the latest version. If the app notifies you about an update out in the field, just postpone it & do it later.

I had an issue once - I can't remember the specifics - but I hadn't flown in a while (several months) and when I went out to fly (out of cell service), I wasn't able to. I think the fly app had updated on my phone but the drone hadn't been updated - or something like that. Anyway, I was not able to fly that day due to some incompatibility issue and I couldn't fix it since I had no cell service where I was. I had to fix it after I got home and had service again.

I now have an item on my checklist to ensure that things all work before I leave home if I haven't flown for a while as I almost always fly in areas without cell service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121