DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is my LAANC?

kayest

Reactions
I live in CT and 6 out of the 7 major airports still do not offer automatic LAANC clearance. Is anything being done to roll out to more airports? Is there information available anywhere?

I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat. I passed the 107 solely to have access to Airmap instant authorization. I have been in contact with local airports, and those heading up the project locally.
I'm told that the pilot was for 500 airports, but that all would be online by the end of 2019. They are rolling out X number of them each quarter of 2019.
Airports have to opt into the program. They do not have to comply although I suspect the FAA will help with their decision as it is in everyone's best interest
there are three times as many registered drone operators than there are manned aircraft pilots, so to keep the national air system safe it's best to know where we are at, and this is the easiest way to collect that data.
By the time LAANC is operational in my area, I will have to take the 107, again. That will P### me off.

Most of the civilian airports that aren't currently in LAANC are "contract tower" facilities. These towers aren't directly staffed by the FAA and thus weren't part of the initial LAANC rollout.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid