DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the best place to buy my Mavic 2Pro?

Of course! I'm guessing you realized they also cover the shipping fee too. Just because you aren't paying the shipping fee doesn't mean the carrier is working for free ;)

I must digress though. Most people don't care why these fees are covered by the seller. They just like taking advantage of those opportunities when they are available.
You are missing the point. The buyer should care. The state of CA doesn't care about shipping. They do care about sales tax. If nobody actually paid it, then the buyer is responsible for paying a use tax in the amount of the unpaid sales tax. No other drone seller pays the state of CA for the buyer's sales tax. It is a big deal, and it is an important distinction when the seller isn't charging the buyer sales tax, that the seller is actually paying that sales tax for the buyer to the state of CA. If you buy "tax free" from Amazon, Amazon does not pay your sales tax, and, legally, you are required to declare the tax free purchase, and pay the "Use Tax" for it on your state income tax form. That's the distinction I was trying to convey.

Definitely check Costco. They have a 90 day return policy, no questions asked. I inquired with a manager since well, that’s crazy. She confirmed that as long as the drone is in the box, no problem. Costco is crazy.

Definitely check Costco. They have a 90 day return policy, no questions asked. I inquired with a manager since well, that’s crazy. She confirmed that as long as the drone is in the box, no problem. Costco is crazy.
CostCo only carries the lower end consumer DJI drones, like the MPP and the Air in a FlyMore bundle. You certainly won't find the Mavic 2 Pro there any time soon, if ever, and they never carried the P4P. They might eventually carry the M2 Zoom as a close out, once it has been superseded. However, feel free to look. ?

Reactions: Imagineimagery
Sounds about right. A bit high end for them isn’t it?
The Mavic 2 Pro definitely is, based upon prior DJI stock. The Mavic 2 Zoom is probably the one they might carry, once a newer model comes out, as they can sell a lot of them, and prefer to be selling them at EOL, rather than to early adopters. They didn't carry the Mavic Pro until the Mavic Pro Platinum came out. I was naively hoping they would carry the Mavic 2 Pro by last Xmas, but when the Xmas bundles from B&H came out, and no sign of Costco carrying them, I jumped on one to save the sales tax, and $300 in additional in included items, like a hard case and included FlyMore Kit, for only $100 more. CostCo also only sells the DX Nikon cameras with kit lens bundeles, rather than any FX Nikons with Pro lenses. Same concept.

Reactions: Imagineimagery
I just bought filters from B&H - used my regular CC - shipped to MA (state with sales tax) - billing state was MT (no sales tax state) - no sales tax charged
Excellent!

As of today, here are states that are still tax-free at B&H:
  • Alaska
  • Arizona
  • Deleware
  • Florida
  • Kansas
  • Lousiana
  • Massachusetts
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire