DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the drone orientation symbol control?

twickers14

Reactions
Hi all. Getting on really well with my new MA2 but for the life of me I cannot bring up the drone orientation symbol that sits at the bottom middle of the screen-the one that shows where the drone is in relation to the pilot. It’s a horizontal line with a little circle (the drone) that moves around. Any idea how to bring it up. I have never seen it on my screen but it features in al the YT vids I am watching. Seems a brilliant flying aid.

Reactions: Prop Wash
@twickers14 it does not exist anymore the app display has changed with the latest updates
now to see the orientation icon you have to touch the small symbol on the bottom right of the small map display and it will change to what you are asking for

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Did you find this info somewhere that I could look at the next time something changes? Is there a digest of what has changed after each update? It would save a lot of time and searching.

@twickers14 the trouble is that a lot of videos that are viewed on the web ,date back before the App updates ,and therefore when you get your drone, you are expecting the screen display to look the same , ,when a App update comes out it should tell you what the changes are ,and members on this forum ,will point out the changes as well if and when they happen

@twickers14 the trouble is that a lot of videos that are viewed on the web ,date back before the App updates ,and therefore when you get your drone, you are expecting the screen display to look the same , ,when a App update comes out it should tell you what the changes are ,and members on this forum ,will point out the changes as well if and when they happen
Thanks for this. Where do I find the info relating to the app update. The standard app update info is very limited, perhaps there is somewhere where the info is more comprehensive.

...Where do I find the info relating to the app update. The standard app update info is very limited, perhaps there is somewhere where the info is more comprehensive.
No there isn't unfortunately ... DJI's release notes is usually very general only stating thing's like "performance improvements..."

So we, user of the app, mainly have to search ourselves ... the tools for this usually is Goggle, Youtube & various forums like MavicPilots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs