DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where On Earth Is The Mavic 2?

RC5728

Reactions
I hate to say it, but the image quality on the Mavic is getting really outdated.

Has anyone heard anything about Mavic 2???

I hate to say it, but the image quality on the Mavic is getting really outdated.

Has anyone heard anything about Mavic 2???

1) It is not outdated
2) Nothing has been officially heard about the Mavic 2 and no one will know about it until it has actually been released. This is even _if_ there is a Mavic 2.

There is little need for DJI to release another drone as they are well ahead of the curve in the consumer drone market. They would only be competing with their own product if they did. Insted, what they are doing is releasing minor updates to their existing products.

What makes it outdated?

Most likely DJI won’t release a new Mavic until they are forced to by competition or they have the new Phantom 5 ready. I don’t think they would sell a Mavic platform with the same camera as a phantom series.

Reactions: dewster
I do agree that I’d like to see better camera specs on a Mavic.

I agree with @Maineiac. I’m just not convinced that they are going to give us a Mavic platform with a stellar camera, which would compete with the Phantom series.

I hope I am wrong on this one.

"Outdated" because the camera quality is crappy and there are severe artifacts with even the slightest movement, like filming a waterfall. The bit rate is not sufficient.

Reactions: Samphotom
"Outdated" because the camera quality is crappy and there are severe artifacts with even the slightest movement, like filming a waterfall. The bit rate is not sufficient.

You may want to use an ND filter with the proper settings. I've never had an issue with artifacts nor do I see a lot of posts about this being an issue. I've seen some great footage from a Mavic. Bit rate is 60 v 100. Not outdated at all. Very little difference between the two.

If you were expecting great camera quality from the Mavic, you bought the wrong drone. It's not that the Mavic Pro is outdated.

You may want to use an ND filter with the proper settings. I've never had an issue with artifacts nor do I see a lot of posts about this being an issue. I've seen some great footage from a Mavic. Bit rate is 60 v 100. Not outdated at all. Very little difference between the two.

If you were expecting great camera quality from the Mavic, you bought the wrong drone. It's not that the Mavic Pro is outdated.
Really? Let's see some of your footage of moving water, e.g. waterfalls. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Actually I was.

The camera is puny, they can make it bigger and better. Go away with your mediocrity. :)

Really? Let's see some of your footage of moving water, e.g. waterfalls. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Not mine, but here is the 2nd video that I came across on a YT search showing footage of water with the Mavic Pro:

I'm not currently on a great monitor but I don't see any issues with the footage.

The P4 has a better camera and also has 100mbps bit rate. It was out before the Mavic Pro so if you think 60 is too low.... you bought the wrong drone. I'm not saying that the Mavic is not a great drone but it is obviously not the best non-commercial drone DJI makes as far as the camera is concerned.

Not mine, but here is the 2nd video that I came across on a YT search showing footage of water with the Mavic Pro:

I'm not currently on a great monitor but I don't see any issues with the footage.

The P4 has a better camera and also has 100mbps bit rate. It was out before the Mavic Pro so if you think 60 is too low.... you bought the wrong drone. I'm not saying that the Mavic is not a great drone but it is obviously not the best non-commercial drone DJI makes as far as the camera is concerned.
Water is fine as long as the drone isn't moving. If the drone was moving at a significant speed, most of those shots would look terrible. And waterfalls are usually even worse.

Also the P4 that came out before the Mavic Pro did not have 100mbps. You're thinking of the P4 Pro. Different model. That came out more recently.

You mean like the one on the P4?
Uhhh yes.

If they upgrade the Mavic, then the P4 Pro will also be due for an upgrade.

There are millions of people in either camp who would be happy to upgrade. I know I would.

Water is fine as long as the drone isn't moving. If the drone was moving at a significant speed, most of those shots would look terrible. And waterfalls are usually even worse.
The drone was moving on all of those shots. I did not see any pixilation. The shots looked good to me.

Also the P4 that came out before the Mavic Pro did not have 100mbps. You're thinking of the P4 Pro. Different model. That came out more recently.
Yes, thank you.

BTW - don't try to search for release date on the Mavic Pro.... you will be _flooded_ with tons of bogus information about the "Mavic 2".

With the right settings, video from the Mavic looks very good. The camera does just fine.

I don't think we'll see a Mavic Pro 2 anytime soon.

DJI released the Mavic Air in January and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 last month. They won't be due to release another drone until the end of summer, when a Spark V2.0 likely will be released.

Mavic 2 is likely in Q4. Which has been the case for well over a year now fitting with DJIs normal release schedules.
Yes the camera isn't great, never has been. But there is also no similar price band competition to the mavic pro still so why would they rush it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+