DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where to place Marco Polo on the Dual?

As an aerospace engineer I’d be concerned about locating it so far from the a/c center of gravity out on an arm even though it weighs so little. I’m thinking on top close to the CG.

Bob
If you go on top be aware of the GPS receivers etc. That's why I went with the battery.

Sure would be nice it Eureaka Products could work a deal and license the tech to DJI to embed inside the drone, and sell the receiver as an accessory - using an independent battery for redundancy..... would certainly clean the visuals up :)

Wonder what the chances of the battery getting ejected in a crash and not being close enough to the drone to find it.... I'd rather lose the battery than the drone itself....
I would think if the battery were to come out it would be on impact and they should be close to one another. I always check and make sure my batteries are locked in place before each flight.

Here’s a good example of the battery not landing with the drone - the guy found it but it did take some looking. Start around 5:30 or so in....

Of course he found his drone with the “Find My Drone” feature - got him “close” but he had to then do a lot of looking.

Just something to think about - never know what’s going to bounce where depending on your terrain

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Wonder what the chances of the battery getting ejected in a crash and not being close enough to the drone to find it.... I'd rather lose the battery than the drone itself....

Quite agree or of flying into a tree or other hazards could quite likely dislodge the transmitter and rendering the AC lost.
I use the Marco Polo to eliminate a crash in an area where there there is no cellular. I pay a bit more for the MP but I only pay it once. I paid $1,500 usd and I want the best chance of recovery. I know the direction it was headed and the range, even reduced due to terrain, I can get close enough for the receiver to pick up a signal. The battery life is rated at two weeks, realistic over one week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis