DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where's you battery level set?

Chirp

Reactions
Are the battery low and critically low settings arbitrary or is there a basic setting used most of the time?
Or does it depend on the current flight?

Thanks..

Battery low, 15%. Critically low, 10%. But then again, I maintain LOS and bring it closer when the battery is getting lower. That 5% difference between low and critical goes pretty fast.

I looked at a lot of youtube tutorials and went with the common 30% and 10%, I suppose it depends on how far away you intend flying and adjust accordingly.

FYI, these settings only generate alerts in DJI GO to warn you when the battery has reached the entered levels. They don't determine when Low Battery RTH is initiated or when the battery reaches the critically low level and the Mavic starts to auto land.

The defaults are 30/10. I changed my critical to 15% since I was pushing some two mile distances (probably more taking into account the altitude)

FYI, these settings only generate alerts in DJI GO to warn you when the battery has reached the entered levels. They don't determine when Low Battery RTH is initiated or when the battery reaches the critically low level and the Mavic starts to auto land.
Hi,
I was under the incorrect impression that the critical low battery warning initiated Autoland function, so I set mine at 10% and low battery warning at 30% giving me ample time to fly home myself. Can you tell me at what stage the RTH auto land function cuts in? I have looked around online but have not found any printed info.
Thanks in advancd for your feedback.
Cheers

The defaults are 30/10. I changed my critical to 15% since I was pushing some two mile distances (probably more taking into account the altitude)

Surely RTH would have initiated before the critical cut in though ?
Still ok, if it goes off at 15% and you're still on the way home, bit of wind etc, it gives you a heads up so you can 'look down' and start scouting for a clear landing spot :)

I think I changed mine to 20% / 15%, saves listening to it for 5 minutes or so :) :)

Can you tell me at what stage the RTH auto land function cuts in?
The Mavic is constantly calculating how long it'll take for it to return to the home point and auto land at its current location. When it calculates it needs to land, the battery is deemed to be at the critically low level and the Mavic will start to land.

There really isn't any way to calculate when that will happen as you're flying. I'm assuming the aircraft triggers that action based on a combination of the current battery voltage and the Mavic's current altitude.

The red section of the battery level indicator at the top of DJI GO shows when the critically low battery level will be reached.

IMG_1327.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: butterflyslicer
The Mavic is constantly calculating how long it'll take for it to return to the home point and auto land at its current location. When it calculates it needs to land, the battery is deemed to be at the critically low level and the Mavic will start to land.

There really isn't any way to calculate when that will happen as you're flying. I'm assuming the aircraft triggers that action based on a combination of the current battery voltage and the Mavic's current altitude.

The red section of the battery level indicator at the top of DJI GO shows when the critically low battery level will be reached.

View attachment 26264
Thanks for the replies. Yes I read the Owners manual and thought there maybe a golden number that the Mavic looks at to say enough flying 'I am landing now'. I just didn't want to set my critical battery level at say 25% and have the craft land while it was still capable of flying home. Thanks again, it makes sense now. So I will be leaving the default battery values in the app and enjoy the flying.
Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78