DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which android tablet for mavic 2 zoom

Jeff ky

Reactions
Hi, i need expert help

I have the mavic 2 zoom. I want to use a android tablet. I have the samsung galaxy tab S3. Will it work with the Dji go4 app.. please advise

What other android tablets can you recommend? Thanks

Tab A is the one I use or an S8+

I use the Galaxy Tab S3 with the Mavic 2 Pro and find it work well, I've had no issues with it although you'll need a mount adapter as it won't fit within the controller arms. I use this one:

The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 does fit within the controller arms and was my original choice but as it's not officially for sale in the UK I had to go through grey importers who repeatedly failed to deliver the tablet so gave up and went with the Galaxy Tab S3 instead. I thought the larger size would be inconvenient but I find it useful having the large screen space and not that much of an inconvenience to set up.

Reactions: Benkoop
I use the Galaxy Tab S3 with the Mavic 2 Pro and find it work well, I've had no issues with it although you'll need a mount adapter as it won't fit within the controller arms. I use this one:

The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 does fit within the controller arms and was my original choice but as it's not officially for sale in the UK I had to go through grey importers who repeatedly failed to deliver the tablet so gave up and went with the Galaxy Tab S3 instead. I thought the larger size would be inconvenient but I find it useful having the large screen space and not that much of an inconvenience to set up.

--'-----------

..thanks John . I will use the tab s3. Can recommend the holder that u are using to secure to the remote controller? Thanks

I have an 8.4 inch Huawei Mediapad M5 on the way dedicated to my MP. Any thoughts or experiences? I am aware of the list of supported devices, it's just that sometimes personal experience differs from what is in print. BTW, not trying to hijack the OPs thread but responses may be relevant to the original question.

I have an 8.4 inch Huawei Mediapad M5 on the way dedicated to my MP. Any thoughts or experiences? I am aware of the list of supported devices, it's just that sometimes personal experience differs from what is in print. BTW, not trying to hijack the OPs thread but responses may be relevant to the original question.
I was using the 8.4 M5 no problem except usb nagging now using iPad mini 5 never looked back

Tab A, wont do dolly zoom. the app crashes. i spoke with DJI support.. and they told me, since its not supported.. there is nothing they can do

Tab A, wont do dolly zoom. the app crashes. i spoke with DJI support.. and they told me, since its not supported.. there is nothing they can do
Good thing, I returned a Tab A for the Huawei. Priced compatibly but better specs on the Huawei. Also, I didn't really want a 10+ tablet.

I'll have to test my Tab. I've had crashes, but nowhere nearly as much as my Tab E. There was a point I found I had bad USB cables. When I got new C cables or used my 3.0 to C that I hadn't used much, my crash frequency dropped.
I have done dolly zoom, but not sure if I ever did it with my A. If not with the A, then had to be with my HTC 10.
Really shouldn't be much more required of the app for dolly zoom than most other IFMs. It's the AC making the video. The app might be controlling the flight, but that's all.

DJI is known for making any excuse it can than admit shoddy software.

I use a Tab A 10.1 w/S Pen (2016). Having a 10" HD screen while flying is awesome. The S Pen model has 3GB of ram (opposed to the 2GB of the non-S Pen model) - the S Pen is really useful for creating waypoints or other things within the DJIGO 4 app. I mount the Tab A using a Skyreat mount. Work really well together. This specific item was $199 during Prime Day(s) so I picked up another one just for the M2Z (I was dual purposing my work Tab A with drone flying).

I also recommend installing Battery Charge Limit to help stop the DJI controller from charging the tablet (or any Android device). It requires root, but rooting the Tab A is very straight forward. XDADevelopers is your friend.

I haven't tried Dolly Zoom yet, but I've run through almost every other flight mode without any issues.

Good luck.

I have an 8.4 inch Huawei Mediapad M5 on the way dedicated to my MP. Any thoughts or experiences? I am aware of the list of supported devices, it's just that sometimes personal experience differs from what is in print.
The M5 is probably the best flying tablet available, followed closely by the M3.
I've had year's hard flying with the M5 and the experience has been flawless.

The M5 is probably the best flying tablet available, followed closely by the M3.
RIGHT ON! That's what I like to hear. Thanks all for the input.

Reactions: Andiwil
I use IOS tablet 98% of the time with the MPP, MA, Spark and the EVO.... I use the CS high brite 99.1% of the time with the Magic 2 Zoom. I used the Samsung Tab A (2016) just as a test to see how the M2Z works with it. just in case I need to switch to the tab A I'm all set...When I tested the functions they all worked including the dolly zoom.

Reactions: dgrobe2112
I use a Tab A 10.1 w/S Pen (2016). Having a 10" HD screen while flying is awesome. The S Pen model has 3GB of ram (opposed to the 2GB of the non-S Pen model) - the S Pen is really useful for creating waypoints or other things within the DJIGO 4 app. I mount the Tab A using a Skyreat mount. Work really well together. This specific item was $199 during Prime Day(s) so I picked up another one just for the M2Z (I was dual purposing my work Tab A with drone flying).

I also recommend installing Battery Charge Limit to help stop the DJI controller from charging the tablet (or any Android device). It requires root, but rooting the Tab A is very straight forward. XDADevelopers is your friend.

I haven't tried Dolly Zoom yet, but I've run through almost every other flight mode without any issues.

Good luck.
I Dolly Zoomed 4 times this past weekend - all worked flawlessly with the Tab A w/S Pen (2016).

I have and use quite a few Android Tablets including Samsung Tabs (2), Nvidia Shields (2), Huawei (2), etc,
all dedicated to one of my 5 drones but the very best that I've tried that I can easily see in bright sunlight is my new DJI Smart Controller that I use with my Mavic 2 Pro! It connects to my M2P Drone immediately, no Cables, Tablet Mounts, or Sun Shields to worry about! It is expensive but can be bought at approx half price bundled with a new Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom! I haven't paired it yet with my P4PV2 or DJI Goggles RE but understand that I can.

I also use a M5 8.4", and I'm very happy flying with this tablet, zero glitches, and great performance.

As any one found a hood for it. Due to their dimensions, I haven't found one that would fit this tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest