DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which COMPOSITION do like better?

Which image has the better composition? (ignore image quality)

• Image A

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Image B

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
The following twin image Photo contains two variations of the same setup. Ignore any retouching or photographic imperfections as the point of the polling is purely regarding composition.

Essentially the picture in image A is higher than the one in image B. Which do you like better- AND WHY?

Please vote in the poll and provide your thoughts on why you've picked one over the other for COMPOSITION.
TIA

View attachment 140283

P.S. Sorry that this isn't a drone photo, but this is the only forum I subscribe to that I knew to post this question on.
Uh.. B? Because it looks better.

The following twin image Photo contains two variations of the same setup. Ignore any retouching or photographic imperfections as the point of the polling is purely regarding composition.

Essentially the picture in image A is higher than the one in image B. Which do you like better- AND WHY?

Please vote in the poll and provide your thoughts on why you've picked one over the other for COMPOSITION.
TIA

View attachment 140283

P.S. Sorry that this isn't a drone photo, but this is the only forum I subscribe to that I knew to post this question on.
A

TIA

View attachment 140283

I'd love to comment button find link to images.

Dale

TIA

View attachment 140283

The painting is hung at the more correct height on the left (A) side. Eye height is much better than below eye height.

Here is the Google answer

60″ to 63″

A simple rule of thumb to hanging art at the right height is to place the center of the art object at 60″ to 63″ above the floor. From there you can adjust accordingly for the overall height of the ceiling or height of the furniture over which the art will hang.

Dale

You don't hang a painting or a framed photo on the wall to complement something on a table, or the table itself. You hang art on a wall to view the art. You don't look down at art, you don't really look up at art either (unless you are very short) in a standard home environment. You should look at art at the average eye level or a standard Mark I human being, you do not compensate for tall or short people. Car makers and airplane makers don't, so you should not, since the average person is not tall or short.

When you hang an art piece on a wall, it is to display that art. It should be good enough to stand on its own, it should not need to have a table or objects on a table to help it out. If it did, then it is not a worthy piece of art to hang on a wall. When it is good enough to be able to stand on its own, you should not crowd it, you should give it space, all around it, just like example A shows.

You may include other objects nearby, such as that table and the bits on the table, but they should not be crowding the art, as you see in example B, but rather they too should complement the artwork and the overall ambience of the room. The various piece should work together in colour and shape to be aesthetically pleasing. Each thing should do its job, to make the overall scene pleasing to the eye, which example A does far better than B could ever attempt to.

A painting or photo on a wall is there to be admired and be able to have its own strength and presence. It is not there to be crowded with other objects to make it work. You may display two or these or more pieces of artwork on a wall, but even then, they should be arranged and grouped to be pleasing to the eye and complement each other, otherwise it may just become a cluttered mess and confuse the brain. It's A, now turn the lights off and go home, it's all over, here.

The only time you should be looking down at a displayed photo, is when it is in a frame on a table or sideboard, but never when displayed on a wall.

As you can see, it's all over the board. Which one do you like, use that. There are forums just for photography i'm sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98