DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which controller port for android?

webjeff04

Reactions
I just got a Nvidia Shield and have cables for both ports. Do they both charge at the same rate and is one more stable than the other? What is your guys experience.

I just got a Nvidia Shield and have cables for both ports. Do they both charge at the same rate and is one more stable than the other? What is your guys experience.
I run my Sheild from the bottom port, just make sure the side port is empty when you use the bottom one.

I run my Sheild from the bottom port, just make sure the side port is empty when you use the bottom one.
the side port can still have a power bank connected. As long as there is no data connection over that port you're oke.The bottom port even charges the phone also when a power bank is connected to the micro usb on the side.

I just checked it. I'm correct.

I prefer to use the bottom USB 2.0 port for connection to my device for a variety of reasons.

#1 is that the side micro USB port is more fragile than the bottom port, and doesnt like things being plugged into and out of it hundreds of times which is what you have to do if you use it for charging and data. I have seen many break after only a few months use.

#2 is that my controller extender plugs in to the bottom port easier, and I use 1 dedicated cable for the connection to my USB C Galaxy S8+.

Mavic device holder.jpg

the side port can still have a power bank connected. As long as there is no data connection over that port you're oke.The bottom port even charges the phone also when a power bank is connected to the micro usb on the side.

I just checked it. I'm correct.

Nice, which power bank would you recommend?

Nice, which power bank would you recommend?
Nothing in particular. I got one from the super market for very cheap, less then 10 Euro/$. It charges my RC quite rapidly when it's off. When it's on it will keep the power at the level it is, while the RC charges the phone.
As long as it has 2A output or more it's OK I guess.

Nothing in particular. I got one from the super market for very cheap, less then 10 Euro/$. It charges my RC quite rapidly when it's off. When it's on it will keep the power at the level it is, while the RC charges the phone.
As long as it has 2A output or more it's OK I guess.
Ok thanks alot, I wasn't sure If power banks would work.

I prefer to use the bottom USB 2.0 port for connection to my device for a variety of reasons.

#1 is that the side micro USB port is more fragile than the bottom port, and doesnt like things being plugged into and out of it hundreds of times which is what you have to do if you use it for charging and data. I have seen many break after only a few months use.

#2 is that my controller extender plugs in to the bottom port easier, and I use 1 dedicated cable for the connection to my USB C Galaxy S8+.

View attachment 29300
Very true about the micro usb port. It makes normal plugs wiggle until the port or plug breaks. A hooked plug like the on DJI cable is definitely a necessity. I think the bottom plug is safer to keep up connection with the app. Better use the side port only for charging.

Reactions: Former Member

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta