DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which device are you using with the Mavic Mini?

iPhone 6s Plus, dedicated for Mavic mini, airplane mode on when flying, brightness and volume at max. Was previously used with Spark and never had problems

I use a full size iPad with a controller mount I got on amazon with a neck strap to help with the weight. It works great and is super easy to see.

I went down the 'cheap' dedicated device route too...wanted something small, simple and cost effective.

Got a Nokia 4.2 £100 Bare bones android stock, only 720p screen but it's very bright and great battery...no bloatware, very simple phones. 3GB RAM, 32GB memory.
App runs flawlessly.

Whole kit fits in a very small bag.

I've tried both my Samsung Note 9 and my Ipad air. The Note 9 put a serious drain on my controller battery because the Note started charging from the controller. I've heard this is an issue with a number of Android phones. Next i tried my Ipad air. Good visuals and no controller battery drain. The full size Ipads will nor suit a lot of people (me included) so at some point i will get an Ipad mini. I like the size of the Ipad Mini. It is right between the Note and The Ipad Air. Plus being older and wearing glasses, the ipad Is definitely easier to see than a smartphone sceen.

Reactions: brickee
Brand and Mode: LG V40
Is it on the DJI Fly compatibility list? No, but the hardware exceeds what is inside the LG V20 (which is on the compatibility list)
Does that fit well in the controller? Yes, but with NO case. It's at 6.4", so on the upper end of the height limit, but due to the flexibility of the controller, this is a non-issue.
Any issues? None at all
Any additional observations? I have to set the brightness to 125% (the app sets it at 100%) when outside just to get more visibility but, again, this is not an issue.

Brand and Mode: Apple iPad mini 4
Is it on the DJI Fly compatibility list? Not at the time of this posting.
Does that fit well in the controller? Yes, it fits in the 'slots' of the device holder. I have purchased an 'ultra slim' case for the mini and hoping that will work...might need to 'shave' a bit of the rubber bumper on the Mavic Mini RC.
Any issues? No.
Any additional observations? Best compromise screen size between smartphone and tablets, and quick to setup (i.e. no tablet holder needed).
I am looking for an inexpensive androit tablet that will work. I did get confronation from DJI that the Ipad 4 mini works.

Reactions: Mrveronn
Samsung galaxy S8. No problems. Still actives has primary phone and will keep after pending purchase of Samsung S10+.

Honor 9 lite, not on compatible list but works fine.

Also tried with Xperia X Compact with no issues.

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a dedicated device, so I can keep that with the minimum running services and obviously don't need to use my phone.

However, it hasn't been easy to find an affordable device on DJI Fly compatible devices list.

I'd like to ask if you can post more information about the phone you're using according to the fields below (my info was on the sample):

Brand and Mode: Apple iPhone 6S Plus
Is it on the DJI Fly compatibility list? Yes
Does that fit well in the controller? Yes, but once I use a plastic cover, it takes more time to adjust it in the controlled brackets.
Any issues? So far so good, but I've just done one indoor flight, so it's too early to find issues.
Any additional observations? None so far.

Therefore we can create a knowledge base that should be useful for current and future Mavic Mini fliers.

Thanks!

Hi there. Is there anybody here using oneplus 7t? Is it compatible? Thanks

I found the Redmi Note 8 at a good price on Geekbuying,

The one in DJI compatibility list is Redmi Note 5, but not the Note 8.

Do you believe that should be compatible as well?

I was reading the iphone will go completely wireless by 2021 (no charging cable), at least with the flagship model. That could prove to be a pain. I would guess future versions of the Mini may need to go back to the Spark wireless connection between the phone and controller.

Brand and Mode: Apple iPhone 11Max Pro & Mini IPad both work great.
Is it on the DJI Fly compatibility list? iPad mini Yes. iPhone 11
Does that fit well in the controller? Yes, both fit well in the RC brackets. Without covers on.
Any issues? None as of yet. Mavic Mini was updated to the latest firmware upon opening of box and I have not had a single issue.
Thanks for initiating this poll.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne