DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which device are you using with the Mavic Mini?

Looking at buying a MM. Does it have the large usb plug at bottom center of RC like the M2P?? I want to keep using my note 8. on the larger plug.

I'm using an Oppo A9 2020,with the Mavic Mini, don't know if it's on the DJI list but it works fine,struggles to get in the controller grips however.
Also works just fine with the Tello and the Parrot Bebop 2.

iPad 6th Gen, 9.7” 128 gig wifi/cellular.
works great for my Mini and my M2P.
I bought the “spark” tablet holder from DJI and an OTG Spark Cable also to plug it in to the controller. The Mavic Mini Remote controller does NOT have a full size USB plug and the little cables that come with it for your phone will not reach the iPad or tablet port.

Update on my question. One plus 7t runs smooth. I just bought mine this afternoon.

Hey Jukhai, does your 7t have a round camera cluster or straight inline? As I'm sure your aware, there are many models of OnePlus phones. I'm thinking of getting the OnePlus 7T Pro Mclaren. I'm wondering if the Mclaren is compatible with the dji fly app? Thanks.

I've ordered a "Galaxy Tab S5e (2019)", but I won't be able to personally verify that it works with the Fly app until I receive it and unwrap my Mini on Christmas. It's not on DJI's list, but I've read posts by a couple people which claim it works well. It appears to me that the more recent Galaxy Tabs have a pretty good success rate with the app. (Not all of them, though!)

The Galaxy Tab S5e is a lightweight (400 g -- 14.11 oz) Android tablet with a 10.5 inch OLED screen. It supports several of the "GPS" services. (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO) 4GB of memory. WiFi only. 450 nits of screen brightness. It cost me US$319 for a used/returned/refurb'd one from Amazon.

We shall see. If it doesn't work (it does), I'll probably return it and get an iPad Mini 5. Or maybe one of the cheaper 10-inch iPads.... I'll cross that bridge if I come to it. (It didn't come to that.)

EDIT: I have received my Galaxy Tab S5e. I was able install the DJI Fly app via the Google Play store. I was able to log into the app and get to the page where you are instructed to connect to the drone. I can't do that since my drone is still under my Christmas tree, but so far <knock on wood> the hardware and software are coexisting peacefully. I'll update again when (and if) I'm able to connect to my Mini.

SECOND EDIT: Merry Christmas everyone! I can now confirm that the wifi-only version of the Galaxy Tab S5e works great with the Mavic Mini. I haven't flow yet, but I was able to connect, view the camera feed, and calibrate the compass. While I'm here, I can confirm that the Google Nexus 5X does not work with the Mini. While its hardware/software stack is fully 64-bit, it only has 2GB of memory, so that's likely the issue.

Last edited:
Wish you well. I have seen it, the Galaxy Tab S5e, appear on a unofficial "these tablets work with DJI Fly app list" in another forum. I use a Samsung Note 8 (1200 nits bright) that works well. I also sprung for a iPad 10.2 for my wife for the holiday. While I favor Android, I will test it with the MM.

Wish you well. I have seen it, the Galaxy Tab S5e, appear on a unofficial "these tablets work with DJI Fly app list" in another forum. I use a Samsung Note 8 (1200 nits bright) that works well. I also sprung for a iPad 10.2 for my wife for the holiday. While I favor Android, I will test it with the MM.

Thanks. I'll try to remember to update this thread when I find out if it works.

I have an older Galaxy Tab, and I'll try it out eventually, but I'm skeptical it'll work. 32-bit guts probably? It's also kinda heavy.

My wife has a fancy 12-inch iPad Pro. I'll try it out just to check, but it's both heavy and expensive, so I don't think it will be the optimum thing to tromp around in the woods with.

Dang, that Note 8 is bright AF! (As the kids might say.)

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. At 1200 nits on a 6.3" screen and most important, it works with the MM.

My buddy has a Note 9. Do you happen know whether it also has a bright screen?

On a semi-related subject, have you tried to find one of those sun-shade-hood things for your Note? I was trying to find one for said buddy, but didn't have much luck. The Note 9 has a 6.4-inch, 18.5:9 screen. Very tall and narrow. Most phones are 16:9. The hoods I saw on Amazon were either too short in the long dimension, or were made for small tablets and thus were too wide in the "short" dimension. Just wondering.

I believe the Note 9 has a 1050 nit, which is plenty bright. The DJI CrystalSky 5.5 is rated at 1000 nit and one of its' selling point is that the brightness helps the screen visibility in various sun conditions. Increase the Note 9 brightness to full and test it out in the sun, and use some strategic body language to shade the phone.
I don't use a hood on my Note 8, as the brightness helps with visibility. I do use a hood for my other tablets when I fly my MA as they are not as bright. The one I use is The Hoodman, more suitable for tablets. Hope this helps. Enjoy your flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique