DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whitby and its fishing boats

Just a bit of footage I shot in Whitby, North Yorkshire during a recent week on holiday.

it’s a my my 3rd ever video so definitely not perfect, but I enjoyed getting out for some early morning flying somewhere new.

Wow, stunning ! Just perfect - appears you have captured the essence of your surroundings. Going to go watch again, thanks so much for sharing !

Reactions: Romanbydrone
Just a bit of footage I shot in Whitby, North Yorkshire during a recent week on holiday.

it’s a my my 3rd ever video so definitely not perfect, but I enjoyed getting out for some early morning flying somewhere new.

Absolutely beautiful. You really did a very nice job of capturing the mood and character of the area. Loved all of the scenes, and your flying was really admirable for such an early stage. The editing and color grading were great.

My only comment would be that I would have done the editing in a chronological order- e.g.: starting from land side, with all of the church and broad harbor views (e.g.: wide views first), then a bunch of clips of the boats leaving the harbor (or as a Brit might say "harbour') ,and finally the sea views. That would make it more like telling a story. Even so, it is a real WINNER.

Reactions: Django18
Nice one. Thanks.

Lovely video. I was born 15 miles from Whitby but now live overseas. Takes me back so thanks for that.

Man, you guys on the British coast have some unbelievable subject matter! Get a little tired of the rugged cliffs? Let’s shoot these castle ruins and then we can follow a few fishing boats out of the picturesque harbor. Yeah, I’m a little jealous. Nice work!

gee Django, you've just got to learn to find a more picturesque location.. but in spite of that..I really liked it a lot!

Absolutely superb very inspirational thanks for sharing.

Very nice! I too am still at the novice stage but know Whitby well. Can you tell me a) roughly where you launched from and b) your video resolution settings. Am still finding feet with latter and discovering the capabilities of the drone camera far outweigh my creaking computer - but am not ready to upgrade just yet.
Off to Scarborough at weekend for 10 days and was thinking of trying something similar.

Great video. Nice flying and great colour grading , music was spot on too. Well done really enjoyed that. I’m gonna get my air 2 up Over the Mersey soon and see what I can capture

Lovely composition, especially for only your third video. The colors, time of day, framing, all done nicely, and Whitby looks beautiful and peaceful.

Very nice! I too am still at the novice stage but know Whitby well. Can you tell me a) roughly where you launched from and b) your video resolution settings. Am still finding feet with latter and discovering the capabilities of the drone camera far outweigh my creaking computer - but am not ready to upgrade just yet.
Off to Scarborough at weekend for 10 days and was thinking of trying something similar.
Hi Redvers, I have exactly the same issues with my PC as you! I only have a work-issued laptop - a Lenovo Thinkpad and I have the free version of DaVinci Resolve on it and I can’t even play a clip without stuttering and 5 second pauses whilst it leaves itself behind. Trying to find keys in the music to time cuts is really difficult!

It was my first time in Whitby and I was impressed by how beautiful it is. These clips were shot over my week there so I used a few take-off points. I used the Bandstand mostly as it gave really good visibility in most directions but also the harbour arm, near the top of the steps to the abbey and also the car park near the Co-Op. Everywhere’s nice and quiet at that time in the morning!

As for resolution I’ve settled on 4K at 24fps. I have it set on D-Log for maximum dynamic range then try to bring back some punch in Resolve without losing the highs and lows. I’ve probably worked out about 0.05% of Resolve - but just about enough to put this together.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes