DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

White Flashes in video from Mavic 2 Pro

drewgolden

Reactions
Any ideas what is causing this???

Just started happening today - drone is only two weeks or so old.

Firehouse ARCII stobes ?? (Sorry, other threads, lol)

Seriously, it is so regular, your leds on the arms are supposed to turn off for video or photos, so that is unlikely, but it could be some circuit is making interference in the same way, even if strobes are off (you checked and the front strobes are not flashing when filming ?).

I'd say it's too much of a technical issue to self solve and it will have to go in for a checkup.

Reactions: Marty Markoe
It does resemble a strobe light but I believe the problem is something else. I say that because I don't think leg-mounted strobes would completely wash out the video to a hundred percent white which is the case in this clip. Fact is, I have yet to see strobes interfere with any of my vids. (And I realize that you were being humorous Mavic_South. :) )

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
For sure I was kidding about actual strobe light :)

But maybe it is something to do with the on board strobe signal / electronics, it just seems regular like they normally flash.
They might be flashing and the signal causing some sore of electric interference through the circuits, or they might be off as they should be, but still some sort of pulsing going on.
Either way, it's probably too technical to fix, but a warranty job.

Not sure if there could be any clues in the flight logs, probably not, but maybe some of the experts on those can advise if possible.

I hope it is in fact something simple but I tend to agree that it is probably a warranty issue. If so, I hope you get her fixed and recording normally again soon.

@drewgolden: Hi, how did you solve the white flashes problem? I haven't changed any camera settings, Mavic 2, and I discovered it on my last use. How to prevent it? Thank you.

I have been experiencing this same issue. Every few seconds the image goes completely white for a frame or two.
I thought maybe it was my phone, so I connected an iPad and experienced the same issue.
I thought maybe it was a setting, so I went through just about every variable imaginable in camera settings, and the issue remained.

I have seen this same issue brought up on other boards too, and nobody seems to have a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There were white flashes in the video again. They are also uploaded to the SD card, even when the video is transmitted online. The FW downgrade did not fix the problem and the subsequent update did not fix the problem. Buying a new super fast SD card did not fix the problem. The quadcopter DJI shouldn't do this when it costs so much money.:mad:

The only setting where I found it didn't start having white flashes was on 4k/24 fps...until I hit record, and back the white flashes came.

DJI White Flashing issue GIF.gif

Interesting...I have experienced a single white flash, nothing as regular as previously commented, but at the moment I'm just living with the problem. It may happen once in a twenty minutes recording.

I think it may have to do with the processing power of your device. I had a similar problem and it was my phone. Is this the video from the drone itself or the archived stuff from phone. If this is in the drone footage it would probably not be the same as my problem. But if it is the cached stuff - then try a different device in controller. Or I could be completely wrong! Someone will have a good answer for you I am sure.

I think it may have to do with the processing power of your device. I had a similar problem and it was my phone. Is this the video from the drone itself or the archived stuff from phone. If this is in the drone footage it would probably not be the same as my problem. But if it is the cached stuff - then try a different device in controller. Or I could be completely wrong! Someone will have a good answer for you I am sure.
YOU HAVE TO KNOW , IT'S NOT THE PROCESSING POWER OF THE DEVICE. The device he was using, was the same device, that did not have flashing before the flashing occured. I really doubt he downgraded his device or equipement. I have the same issue. Started rarely, but became frequent. Now I can't even get out of camera mode or take a picture, without the app freezing up. I tested it with the install of another camera. The same result happened. Still with the flashing. I suspect the gmbal mother board is damaged. @ cameras, same flashing. I installed them into the same gimbal mother board. This produced the same result. I didn't have another gimbal board to test. But I think I might order one. HAS ANYONE FOUND A RESOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, OR DO YOU ALL JUST SEND THEM IN FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT??????

I had similar but less frequent...sent off to DJI who replaced the drone....no guarantees yours is the same problem but I understand it was down to gimbal connections.

i am suspecting this could be a gimbal malfunction interfering with the video output. as i tested replacing with a new functional camera and it still cant eliminate the white flash problem. will update once i have already got a new gimbal with motor set. i just noticed this white flash appeared when my gimbal malfunctioned and overheated but no critical overheating error was detected by the core board and the app. one guy reported this white flash totally disappeared when he had the entire camera gimbal set replaced.

Last edited:
Hello my friends:
My experience with this blinking, I'm using the drone just for topographical or survey jobs, have around 15 jobs and the last week Ihad a lot problems before to fly a ejecute the fly plan. Latter in home I could see the problem.

I had a white screens... I was looking for information and I found you. The last post "change the gimbals cables" I bought the cables the gimbal and the conection between gimbal and camera, And I prepare "the cirujy table".

I take out the first 2 screw and one light on in my head..... Could be the conection cable between gimbal and the drone make a bad connection because could move with vibrations? Let's go to try... I take my rubber pen and push in the conection cable with his plug and the other beside it to, push in.
Next, I take the control and switch on and power on the dron and the problem is gone.

I hope the solution at your problem or the cause of your white screen will be fixed as simple as mine.

(SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH, i TRIED MY BEST)
-1.jpg

Thank you for replying...
Your English is just fine...👍
DJI replaced my drone, so not sure if the fault was the same as yours. Glad yours is fixed too
👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31