DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who has experience with a Samsung Galaxy A70 ( ore A50) and Mavic Mini / DJI Fly App???

Ron Isarin

Reactions
Next week I will get my first Drone, the Mavic Mini, and I am looking for a good device that will work with the MM and with the DJI Fly app.
I am interested in a bigger smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy A70 (ore A50) or the Samsung Galaxy note 9 (or / and in a iPad mini). Is there anyone that has experience with the Galaxy A70?

I do own an A70 and waiting to pick up my MM early next week (fingers crossed cause with the lockdown, postal services have long delays. As soon as I receive it and get to fly it, I ll keep you posted.

Yes, for sure, I ll update the post.

To be honest I am a bit concerned with some issues I ve read with Android 10 and Samsung phones and really hope that it works fine with the app.

If not, the alternative will be to borrow my wife's phone whenever I want to fly [emoji1]

On Friday the retailer said that they would deliver today . Called them just now and what they meant was, delivered to the postal service which means at least a week (Orthodox Easter holidays on top of Covid-9 delays..) to deliver.

Just wanted to let you know about it so you know that it ll be a few days before I get back to you (and also share my frustration and impatience of having my MM delivered!).

Thanx for letting me know!

The A70 was not anymore in my shop so I will try an A71 and if it is it working I can return it.

Maybe in 3 days I will have the MM and the phone.
We keep in contact, have a nice evening!

Thnx @Rich_fpv
Today I went to the shop but they didn’t had the A70 anymore but I could try the A71 for a couple of days when I get my MM. and that will be Thursday :)

Next week I will get my first Drone, the Mavic Mini, and I am looking for a good device that will work with the MM and with the DJI Fly app.
I am interested in a bigger smartphone like the Samsung Galaxy A70 (ore A50) or the Samsung Galaxy note 9 (or / and in a iPad mini). Is there anyone that has experience with the Galaxy A70?

I've run the Fly App on my A70 on both Android 9 and 10 without any problems.
I love the phone but it's so long that it just barely fits into the controller even without a case.
Other than the length it's a great device for flying the Mini.
The screen is very nice and it responds quickly.
I've never had it freeze or unload the app or any serious issues while flying.

Reactions: Xanadu
That's good to know, especially after reading about compatibility issues with Samsung phones running on Android 10. I was hoping that I wouldn't need to remove the A70 case every time I wanted to fly, but after reading your post i guess that's out of the question...

I've run the Fly App on my A70 on both Android 9 and 10 without any problems.
I love the phone but it's so long that it just barely fits into the controller even without a case.
Other than the length it's a great device for flying the Mini.
The screen is very nice and it responds quickly.
I've never had it freeze or unload the app or any serious issues while flying.
Thank you, hoping the A71 will work as wel!
I have ordered a tablet holder for my old tablet and maybe I will use it also for the Samsung ....

Good to hear! Due to the zero response on the Z flip compatibility in another thread, and no information anywhere online about that phone, I went with an A71. I have just finished setting my new A71 up with the FlyApp etc, and expect to be able to test it with the MM during the coming week, so good to know you didnt have any issues with your phone. BTW - I'm really impressed with the A71 so far, although I have only had it 48 hours, how is yours going?

Reactions: dawgpilot
I've been using a A71 5G with my Mavic Air 2 now for several months now and seems to work great; both for flying the drone and for general tasks. Pretty decent phone for the price! (which I actually got free with trade-in of my old Note 8)

Reactions: mrcurlywhirly
Thats great! The A71 is the first phone I have purchased in almost 9 years, I have always used business handsets. The A71 ticks all the boxes for the Mavic Mini, good screen size, decent battery life etc. I will be printing off the thingiverse A71 bracket and sunshade when I get my printer up and running.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman