DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who knows?

Mauri59

Reactions
I tried searching this forum and outside, but couldn't find the answer.
If I hold down the button on the battery pack of my Mavic Pro for 5 seconds, I get an estimate of its remaining life according to the table (see photo) and I would like to know on what parameter this estimate is given. The atrocious suspicion, is that it is, very trivially, just the number of charges made and not some electrical measurement, such as the internal resistance of the cells.
Those who read a post of mine from a few days ago, know the story of a Mavic Pro battery pack (original DJI), apparently in good condition, except that its capacity, at full load, is only 2150mA, instead of the nominal 3830mA, even though the GO4 app indicates 100%, the icon shows full cells, and the remaining life estimate is between 90-100% (with the above method).
Thank You.

lifespan.jpg

1627305157713_R.jpg

Interesting. I have never seen a battery life function. Where did you get that table? I have an MPP, and I can't find such a table anywhere in the manuals, written or PDF. I did the 5 second action on my MPP batteries and it worked as you indicated. I wonder why they dropped it from my manual?

Also, my battery status screen does not look like that. Is that the old DJI GO app? or GO4?

Last edited:
Looks like Go4, not sure an M1P would be able to use the older Go app . . .

That battery chart is on page 28 of my pdf manual v1.8, and also on v1.6 . . . that's the M1P manual, not Go4 manual.

That's interesting @Mauri59

Have you actually flown with this battery and if so did you note the flight time as compared to a battery with closer to the usual 3830mah ?

Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Looks like Go4, not sure an M1P would be able to use the older Go app . . .

That battery chart is on page 28 of my pdf manual v1.8, and also on v1.6 . . . that's the M1P manual, not Go4 manual.

That's interesting @Mauri59

Have you actually flown with this battery and if so did you note the flight time as compared to a battery with closer to the usual 3830mah ?
Thanks for the info. I have V2.0 and that is what is currently on the DJI download page. Obviously they took that info out of later versions. Ya gotta wonder why?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
No idea on why they took the battery life information out but checking a few batteries that were bought in 2017 but had puffed gave me 80-90% remaining useable life, about the same as the year old batteries I bought to replace them!

Thanks for the info. I have V2.0 and that is what is currently on the DJI download page. Obviously they took that info out of later versions. Ya gotta wonder why?

If you wanted an older version, shoot me a pm with email, can send either or both.
I tend to keep them for comparisons if something like this pops up, wasn't aware of an update from 1.8 to 2.0.

Just downloaded V2.0, the battery indicator chart is there still, but on page 30 now.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
If you wanted an older version, shoot me a pm with email, can send either or both.
I tend to keep them for comparisons if something like this pops up, wasn't aware of an update from 1.8 to 2.0.

Just downloaded V2.0, the battery indicator chart is there still, but on page 30 now.
Yes, but pg30 has the table for the current charge level. And I can’t find the reference to holding the power button for 5 sec.
Actually, all of this is rather academic, but it is interesting. And after almost 3 years of flying my MPP, here’s something I never knew.

I can’t find the reference to holding the power button for 5 sec.

In reference to this part of the OP ??

If I hold down the button on the battery pack of my Mavic Pro for 5 seconds, I get an estimate of its remaining life according to the table (see photo) and I would like to know on what parameter this estimate is given.

If so, I don't think there's a need for the 5 secs, this is just a powered off battery, push button once (no time required) and it flashes up to X, related to the chart.

In reference to this part of the OP ??

If so, I don't think there's a need for the 5 secs, this is just a powered off battery, push button once (no time required) and it flashes up to X, related to the chart.
Just pushing the button on an unpowered battery gets you the current charge level of the battery. Push and hold the button for 5 seconds on an unpowered battery gets you the battery “health”, remaining charge cycles.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Very Interesting thread, but needs some clarification,

Point 1

DJI's battery's battery life function was introduced with their Phantom 2 Vision. This function, pressing and holding the battery's power down for 5 seconds to determine battery life was only available on the Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision+, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 SE, and Phantom 4 batteries ONLY.

This function is not mentioned at all for the Phantom 4 RTK/Advanced/Pro/Pro V.2 nor any of the Mavic's, Spark, or DJI FPV batteries as far as documentation from DJI. And obviously their f550 which I have as well.

I have personally tested this on my (current and still flying) Mavic Pro Alpine edition, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Mini 2, Spark, Mavic Air 2, and my DJI FPV batteries and it does not work. Oh, forgot, also tried it on my DJI FPV battery for the V2 goggles, does not work either.

It DOES work on my Phantom 3 Advanced batteries. Once pressed for the five seconds the indicator lights will stay on after release of the power button for about 4 seconds, then shut off. and for my P3A battery it shows i only have about 80% left on its life. Bummer!

mavic pro v.2 Page 30 and earlier versions only show battery level indicator definitions and battery level while charging. It does not discuss battery life. I too keep every version as well just to compare and to see what has changed. DJI models mentioned above that do discuss battery life will have all three tables in their documentation.

mavic pro manual v-2 page 30.JPG

Point 2

As my memory recalls, in the older Phantom forum threads there were several threads discussing this same issue. The result was using a battery that was not fully charged to begin with... Don't shoot the messenger. And the tools then (2015) weren't as sophisticated as they are now to diagnose. But they figured it out!

To determine the actual cause and as several have mentioned and requested...send in the entire flight log for analysis. Not just what you may think is important. We all learn from the whole story, not just part of. Keep in mind the components of these machines have there expected properties, but how the software runs and uses there abilities can be totally different. There are several folks here on these forums who are very good at this, two of which I have followed since I started flying DJI in 2015. If you post an issue and don't allow them to help, then don't post the issue.

Another option to find your answer is to get a hold of the SDK for the Mavic Pro, peruse through the code to find out exactly what the software is doing and why it's displaying what it is. If DJI included that module in the SDK.

Last edited:
I have 5 Mavic Pro batteries. Three from my original purchase along with two more bought as the originals puffed. All exhibit the same behaviour. When unpowered a single press of the button gives me the current state of charge. Press, release then press and hold turns on the battery and shows the current state of charge and the battery is powered up and the drone will boot up. Repeat the press, release then press and hold turns off the battery and drone. Press and hold for five or six seconds results in, while pressing and holding, shows the current state of charge is displayed which is replaced with LED 4 flashing and LED’s 1 2 and 3 on, which I took to be 80-90% of battery life remaining.
On the battery life chart, I can remember seeing it very early on but don’t know when it was taken out. I was researching the MP1 when it was announced and was one of the people who ordered from a UK supplier in October 2016, only for DJI to withhold supplies so they could sell direct. I spent the next 6 months reading everything I could find on the drone.

Reactions: Mauri59
Very Interesting thread, but needs some clarification,

Point 1

DJI's battery's battery life function was introduced with their Phantom 2 Vision. This function, pressing and holding the battery's power down for 5 seconds to determine battery life was only available on the Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision+, Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 SE, and Phantom 4 batteries ONLY.

This function is not mentioned at all for the Phantom 4 RTK/Advanced/Pro/Pro V.2 nor any of the Mavic's, Spark, or DJI FPV batteries as far as documentation from DJI. And obviously their f550 which I have as well.

I have personally tested this on my (current and still flying) Mavic Pro Alpine edition, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic Mini 2, Spark, Mavic Air 2, and my DJI FPV batteries and it does not work. Oh, forgot, also tried it on my DJI FPV battery for the V2 goggles, does not work either.

It DOES work on my Phantom 3 Advanced batteries. Once pressed for the five seconds the indicator lights will stay on after release of the power button for about 4 seconds, then shut off. and for my P3A battery it shows i only have about 80% left on its life. Bummer!

mavic pro v.2 Page 30 and earlier versions only show battery level indicator definitions and battery level while charging. It does not discuss battery life. I too keep every version as well just to compare and to see what has changed. DJI models mentioned above that do discuss battery life will have all three tables in their documentation.

View attachment 132647

Point 2

As my memory recalls, in the older Phantom forum threads there were several threads discussing this same issue. The result was using a battery that was not fully charged to begin with... Don't shoot the messenger. And the tools then (2015) weren't as sophisticated as they are now to diagnose. But they figured it out!

To determine the actual cause and as several have mentioned and requested...send in the entire flight log for analysis. Not just what you may think is important. We all learn from the whole story, not just part of. Keep in mind the components of these machines have there expected properties, but how the software runs and uses there abilities can be totally different. There are several folks here on these forums who are very good at this, two of which I have followed since I started flying DJI in 2015. If you post an issue and don't allow them to help, then don't post the issue.

Another option to find your answer is to get a hold of the SDK for the Mavic Pro, peruse through the code to find out exactly what the software is doing and why it's displaying what it is. If DJI included that module in the SDK.
You can bet on: the Mavic Pro batteries, do HAVE the lifespan feature. A discharged battery, displaying one, or one and a blinking second led, do display 5 steady leds if new, for example. A full charged old battery, shows 4 leds on on single press, but do show only 3 Led (or less) if the butto is kept pressed 6 seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertexshope11