DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

who will for sure get the Evo> Whats your pro/cons?w/Evo features as i find em

actually the cover on the Evo isnt held on by tangs as its fully removable
ive tried the extra tilt on the mavic and preferred the level angle but thats just me
what really sold me on the Evo was being able to take pics while recording and having an 8x zoom.
there will always come a time when video feed will be lost and having rc live feed may be a drone saver
i went into this knowing since this is a new drone some aspects wouldnt be available till a later date,look how many the mp has had and 2 years later updates are still coming
theres just too many pluses for me to return

Last edited:
I have had my share of Autel and I can only say that they should stick to printers and bombs!
That's what I read? I had a XStar P and it was ruined by FW.
Never went back! The EVO is no different!:)
did you own an evo"

Last edited:
I like how the landing gear retract out of the way to give you a full, 360° view

wytnyt I believe you can contact Autel for permission to access Apple Beta program. I heard it's good for 72 days or something until Apple approves everything. I too have an Ipad that I want to use. Hope to do the same when my EVO gets here. This was mentioned by OriginalDobo in one of his latest EVO videos.
I tried contacting them for the Beta app and was told it wasn’t available for iOS devices yet. So I’ll have to wait until it gets approved by Apple first.

Hmmm... after I advised you of that I applied myself and after a few days was given access. I would try again and speak to someone else. Only thing I can think of is there might be a limited number of slots or positions available in the beta program and it filled up. I did hear that mentioned on one of the forums. It does work quite well... I would try again. If all fails it shouldn't be too much longer now until the Apple approval.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I have had the Autel Explorer iOS app for a couple of weeks already - so it does exist quite obviously. Can't be sure if they placed a limit on how many can get it. It is done through the TestFlight app - so you have to be issued an invite. Good luck!

i have 2 mp's, a spark and a phantom with little to none performing issues
ive had no dealings with dji's CS but i hate and am fed up with constant popups reminding me i cant do this i cant do that and having to constantly having to clear popups
im 63 i know what i can/cant/shouldnt do.

I looked into autel a bit. First thing I did was go to their forums, and had a look around. saw a lot of threads like I do here.
"firmware update screwed everything up"
"wont work right with Android"
"dont ever update"
"flew away one me"
kind of makes me think these problems are present with every make.
I hope you keep us updated on how this works out for you.
Second, you mentioned a few times about continuous pop ups on the DJI birds are bothering you. What pop ups do you get all the time? I almost never get any, unless battery is low, or the is high wind detected, you can shut off almost every restricted area warning pretty easy in the soft ware.

I looked into autel a bit. First thing I did was go to their forums, and had a look around. saw a lot of threads like I do here.
"dont ever update"
"flew away one me"
Second, you mentioned a few times about continuous pop ups on the DJI birds are bothering you. What pop ups do you get all the time? I almost never get any, unless battery is low, or the is high wind detected, you can shut off almost every restricted area warning pretty easy in the soft ware.
actually the threads you describe are more prone to the mavic than the evo but the evo is new
the evo works perfectly for me as does the ios app but limited due to being a beta
ive never had an issue with updates but having gimble tilt adjustments is something the mavic could use
it usually takes several minutes for me in the mavic to get permission to fly from nfz crap and having to authorize the nfz airport in the settings,thats just wasted flytime,not to mention personal time authorizing and notifying the airport,its all ridiculous

I tried contacting them for the Beta app and was told it wasn’t available for iOS devices yet. So I’ll have to wait until it gets approved by Apple first.
i just told them i had a 1k drone and no app to fly and had a narrow window in which to return it,next day i was given permission to d/l it.

"dont ever update"
"flew away one me"
I am doing the same thing.

Hmmm... after I advised you of that I applied myself and after a few days was given access. I would try again and speak to someone else. Only thing I can think of is there might be a limited number of slots or positions available in the beta program and it filled up. I did hear that mentioned on one of the forums. It does work quite well... I would try again. If all fails it shouldn't be too much longer now until the Apple approval.
That’s what I am doing, waiting for the iOS version to be released.

Anything new here boys?
I live in Sweden and Currently own a Mavic Pro. I like it despite some flaws.
Ill be heading over to USA for the first time ever and as a tech geek I really want to give this drone a go.
Will it even fly in the EU tho?

I own the Evo, I love how it flies. Smooth turns..the video output is georgous....love it....

Reactions: sopaj96
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki