DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

who will for sure get the Evo> Whats your pro/cons?w/Evo features as i find em

Autel doesn't seem to have selling network and service stations in Europe.
Yes, true. They may soon. I think they may be working on it. I don't think they have a CE version but there's at least one US dealer that ships to Europe.

i can give a more accurate assessment this weekend where most will bash it without any real on hands flying,only biased opinions which is ok as dji makes good drones else i wouldnt own four.
you proudly tout the mavic having Ocu-Sync but so does the evo along with more OA than the mavic that reacts and adjusts to obstacles,a better camera,longer flight time a faster speed and a live app also
actually IF the evo's specs hold true,itll top the mavic in most every way.
ill not need to wait till august,ill know saturday
dji teases ''the big picture''and people salivate without even knowing what itll be.
actually assuming of course that the evo is what it claims to be,itll excel the mavic in every aspect and then some

Do you own a Mavic, or have you experienced problems with DJI's customer service? You seem to straight up hate DJI and the Mavic series.

Do you own a Mavic, or have you experienced problems with DJI's customer service? You seem to straight up hate DJI and the Mavic series.
i have 2 mp's, a spark and a phantom with little to none performing issues
ive had no dealings with dji's CS but i hate and am fed up with constant popups reminding me i cant do this i cant do that and having to constantly having to clear popups
im 63 i know what i can/cant/shouldnt do.

i have 2 mp's, a spark and a phantom with little to none performing issues
ive had no dealings with dji's CS but i hate and am fed up with constant popups reminding me i cant do this i cant do that and having to constantly having to clear popups
im 63 i know what i can/cant/shouldnt do.
Same here, although I reverted all the way to 700 firmware and use a patched DJI GO. Camera on Mavic kinda sucks.

Same here, although I reverted all the way to 700 firmware and use a patched DJI GO. Camera on Mavic kinda sucks.
ive had good results with my camera but its just way too flimsy and have to handle with kid gloves
i like that the evos camera is built like the phantom line-up

Reactions: Agabus
Just got an email from Parrot. My Anafi is due to arrive tomorrow.
Autel EVO is also due to arrive tomorrow.
Guess I will be busy for a few days..... updating, charging, figuring them out.
You know the drill!!
:cool:

You know the drill!!
Why you need so many drones if it's for hobby flying? I have two and it's enough for me. I can understand if it's for commercial. Because every client have different needs.

You know the drill!!
Dude, I thought I had a problem... I bet your gonna buy whatever DJI announces as well?

Why you need so many drones if it's for hobby flying? I have two and it's enough for me. I can understand if it's for commercial. Because every client have different needs.
I don't 'need' any of them.
But I like trying out different things.
I am single, gainfully employed, pay my bills and enjoy my toys.

I don't 'need' any of them.
But I like trying out different things.
I am single, gainfully employed, pay my bills and enjoy my toys.
More power to ya... Enjoy! And lets hear some Anafi stories when you get a chance.

i added a few more pro- cons of the evo in post #1 for those interested.

Everything updated without incident!!
Going out to fly them both now.....
wish i could,been raining all day,have fun
report back and tell us how well the OA is on the Evo

Last edited:
Okay. One flight isn't nearly enough to evaluate any drone. But, here are my first impressions:

EVO
Top notch build quality. Great fit and finish. Robust, very aggressive and capable in flight. No noticeable control lag. No issues with video feed or control connection. No noticeable video lag. Nicely thought out RC, feels good in the hands. Digital zoom nice till 4X. OLED screen on RC very sharp. Image on Phone very sharp.
Dislikes: Camera gimbal protector is very difficult to remove & install. Rear cover on AC came completely off first time I opened it. Camera will not point up at all, straight ahead only (I couldn't find any setting to change this) Object avoidance a nuisance!! Kept beeping after liftoff till I was 50 feet high. AC wobbled while descending (moving forward while descending)

ANAFI
Upward facing camera. NO Props in the picture! Nice simple design. Build quality decent. Lightweight. Flew well (until lost connection) Very quiet. RC built well. Picture quality nice. ZOOM!! Image on monitor good without noticeable latency.
Dislikes: Remote holds phone loosely and had to take off phone case. Video feed breakup often. Lost connection at only 50M high and 110M away. Often lost control and it would just hover. Initiated RTH at 40M high and 60M away. Battery takes very long to charge. Auto launch & Land. (I prefer to do this manually) AC feels delicate.

Sample pics. All were resampled to reduce file size except the ones marked uncompressed. Those were just cropped down until they were around 1.5mb to show image detail. None of them were altered otherwise. (No color corrections or other post alteration. Straight from the camera.)

Pictures from EVO:
evo1.JPG evo2.JPG evo3.JPG evo4.JPG evo5.JPG

Pictures from Anafi:
ana1.JPG ana2.JPG ana3.JPG ana4.JPG ana5.JPG

To be fair, there are a great deal of details I need to learn about both of these.
All of the little quirks that never seem to make it into the user manuals.
But that's the fun...… exploring!!

nice write up,i noticed a few of the issues you did especially the wobbling
did you try out the Evo's OA?

one battery doesnt give alot of time to really get the feel of everything,plus i missed alot by having to use a phone
i emailed autel and their supposed to give me the beta app for the ipad

Obviously he bought both to try them out and keep one possibly,I don’t blame him one bit.
Actually, they both are being returned.

Reasons for return: Evo
1) The door that covers the micro USB port on the rear fell off. It is supposed to be held on by rubber tangs just like on the Mavic, but they are defective and do not hold it. The little door will end up being lost. This alone isn't much, I was offered a repair with 2 week turn around. What 'did it' is 2 other issues.
2) The 2 programmable buttons on the remote aren't. I was told this will come in the future.
3) The camera does not raise up beyond zero degrees at all. Now, I hate props in the picture, but the 15 degrees that most other drones offer make a huge difference. It's range is only straight ahead to 90 degrees down. Support asked me why I would want it to look up, all I would see is props.
The combination of these 3 things lead me to believe that this drone was released too early. (Even though the world waited 6 or 7 months for it!)
At least there was no hassle. Once I stated a second time that I was not interested in a repair, only return for refund, I was sent a shipping label and RMA.

Reasons for return: Anafi
In short, it is lousy.
1) I tried switching it to 5ghz from the 2.6ghz which made no difference. Image breakup at 50 feet from controller. Intermittent control also.
2) Phone holder is lame. Almost dropped my phone twice which would have been a disaster since I had to take it's protective case off in order to get it into the holder.
3) Camera is terrible. It's only plus is that it looks up and the props aren't in the picture. No control at all over anything. No ISO, no EV. Auto only. Daytime pictures are decent. Low light pictures are disastrous. (See examples) Noisy as sin. "Lossless" zoom isn't.
4) It is just too delicate. Arms easily twisted, not sturdy at all.

a.JPG b.JPG c.JPG d.JPG e.JPG

I haven't contacted Parrot yet but it says on their website you have 15 days to change your mind. Excluding professional products. And this thing isn't. Will see how this goes.
15days.jpg

Hopefully they have opened the door for new designs that keep the props out of the picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul2660

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki