DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

who will for sure get the Evo> Whats your pro/cons?w/Evo features as i find em

Sweet!!! Can't wait til mine comes in. So what happens when you are within 5 miles of an airport? Thought Autel did not do flight restrictions?
only military bases and airports
i didnt have activate or anything,just start and fly
i live like 2.5 miles from an airport and dji was constantly popup'n me
the Evo didnt give any popups,not even a disclaimer.

I'm in Roanoke
WOOHOO

Your package has been delivered
Tracking # 781625338288
Ship date:
Thu, 6/28/2018
Hillside, NJ
US
notif-fedex-progress-bar-details-delivered.png

Delivered
Delivery date:
Sat, 6/30/2018 11:17 am
ROANOKE, VA
US

As much as I can.
Where do you go to fly?
greenhill park many times,morningside park and a few others
i like going to boones mill,hitting a nice hilltop for good los flying
not alot to choose from
tried filming the stat but soon as i took off it took nearly 10 minutes to land with the wind gusts
gonna take my phantom and try,if i lose it,its no biggie

ok took the Evo out and spent a battery and initial findings overall are
gimble cover is a pita to get snapped back in,front legs need to be open to do so.
the app connects super fast and had gps lock within 15 seconds
even tho the Evo has nfz for airports and military bases,theres no constant popups at all
the landing unlike the Mp is quicker and a touch harder but still ok
and the Evo is plagued with draining the rc to charge the phone like the Mp
and my favorite the obstacle avoidance,my god it begins detection before 75 feet and within 40 feet its crawls
i even took off novice mode,set the speed to 55kmh and went full speed at a bush,same results,detection began at 75+ feet and crawled at 30 feet ,,,overall so far im impressed
Not supposed to have NFZ, What do you mean there's NFZs?

yes but you wouldnt know it,i got no popups regarding nfz's
Gotcha, NFZ exist in the real world, but EVO doesn't know about them. Leaving it up to the pilot be an adult and not fly w/o permission and notifying

Gotcha, NFZ exist in the real world, but EVO doesn't know about them. Leaving it up to the pilot be an adult and not fly w/o permission and notifying
no,the evo has nfz restrictions for airports and military bases,i live 2.5 miles fron an airport but got no popups @ it.i think their restriction is 1 km.

not alot to choose from
tried filming the stat but soon as i took off it took nearly 10 minutes to land with the wind gusts
The Stat?

not alot to choose from
Oh, star?
Go to piedmont Park and fly from there to the star. I have done it before. Easy.
Or go to St.Andrews Catholic church and fly to it from there.

no,the evo has nfz restrictions for airports and military bases,i live 2.5 miles fron an airport but got no popups @ it.i think their restriction is 1 km.
Ok, that's great. Thanks for the information. The guys with 107's will appreciate that.

After you test the NFZ limitations, let us know your findings. That by itself might be a good reason to buy an Evo. We know DJI won't ever allow 1km unless you hack the parameters.

After you test the NFZ limitations, let us know your findings. That by itself might be a good reason to buy an Evo. We know DJI won't ever allow 1km unless you hack the parameters.
im not sure i want go close an airport to find out but i moved additional findings on the Evo to post #1 you may like

Last edited:
im not sure i want go close an airport to find out but i move additional findings on the Evo to post #1 you may like
I'm very interested in the 2600' altitude capability reported for the EVO, but not tested on YT yet, where DJI's limit is 1640' above home. That would be handy for climbing mountains in rugged terrain, fun stuff.

I'm very interested in the 2600' altitude capability reported for the EVO, but not tested on YT yet, where DJI's limit is 1640' above home. That would be handy for climbing mountains in rugged terrain, fun stuff.
people can smack if they want but im really getting impressed with the evo,dji better dump a good load next month or else,its being said the camera nearly rivals the phantom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki