DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

who will for sure get the Evo> Whats your pro/cons?w/Evo features as i find em

wytnyt

Reactions
not maybe,not possible but will for sure get the Evo
Iam going to get one,not because the mavic doesnt perform well but something is lacking overall
i now have 28+ flights on my first one and my 2nd mavic ive yet to fly
i dont know whats missing but i hope to find it in the Evo
what say you
i decided to move additional findings on the Evo to this post for easier retrieval.

ok took the Evo out and spent a battery and initial findings overall are
1. gimble cover is a pita to get snapped back in,front legs need to be open to do so.
2. the app connects super fast and had gps lock within 15 seconds
3.even tho the Evo has nfz for airports and military bases,theres no constant popups at all,in fact there was no initial popup
4.the landing unlike the Mp is quicker and a touch harder but still ok
5.and the Evo is plagued with draining the rc to charge the phone like the Mp
6.and my favorite the obstacle avoidance,my god it begins detection before 75 feet and within 40 feet its crawls
i even took off novice mode,set the speed to 55kmh and went full speed at a bush,same results,detection began at 75+ feet and crawled at 30 feet ,,,overall so far im impressed
more Evo details as i find em
7.i played with the settings tonight for 2+ hours and still had 51% Ac battery left,dont recall the Mp even coming close to that,
8.i like being able to setting things to MPH and Feet. and not KPH or meters
9.i like that it has up to 8x zoom,buyah
10.best of all the zoom works while recording or taking pics and YES
you can take pics while recording!
11. the app screen has local weather data including wind speed
12. if you want to view the live feed on the rc,disconnect the phone cable but in order to get back tablet feed everything including the evo must be re-started
13. evo says top speed is 45 mph,however the app limits it to 34 mph,i still need to check if this is because OA is on
14. my home lot is 100x150 and evo's OA prevents me from flying in such a small area

Last edited:
Reactions: Wipster
Too soon to tell for me yet.

I am leaning for the next Mavic Pro, hopefully soon.

Reactions: Inspirephil
if they release the 1inch sensor model ill jump on that bandwagon, i like how that camera can point straight up, cool feature

I have had my share of Autel and I can only say that they should stick to printers and bombs!
That's what I read? I had a XStar P and it was ruined by FW.
Never went back! The EVO is no different!:)

I have had my share of Autel and I can only say that they should stick to printers and bombs!

That's a bold statement about a product that you've never touched. The primacy effect doesn't mean that it's true.

That's a bold statement about a product that you've never touched. The primacy effect doesn't mean that it's true.
Why yes, I have touched and flown many Autel products. I see no other! DJI Rules! and will always! Autel doesn't have a chance!:D

That would be the Parrot Anafi...….Not the Evo
darn i watched both revews on utube, i like the features of the autel, i thought it was that one that had the camera that went up, oh well, ill wait till i hear some actual owners revews on the autel but again hope they relase a 1inch sensor model,if the camera is same as mav pro then no need to upgrade

But I hear that their customer service is one of the best in the industry. 7 days, 24 hours, US based.

THeres 4 on amazon right now, if you have prime you'll get it in 2-3 days.

Sounds like you have owned many autel products and they were all no good. Care to elaborate?

I think everyone's hanging for the DJI announcement next month
no not everyone,my evo will be here saturday

why?
i never appreciated a company putting out an idiotic teaser weeks ahead just to be let down on peoples expectations
,this has happened too many times by dji and fanboys fall for it everytime
not me.

Reactions: Former Member
no not everyone,my evo will be here saturday

why?
i never appreciated a company putting out an idiotic teaser weeks ahead just to be let down on peoples expectations
,this has happened too many times by dji and fanboys fall for it everytime
not me.
I haven't a clue what you're referring to. Exactly what "idiotic teaser" are you referring to from DJI that let down "peoples expectations"?

So far, DJI still offers the most value per dollar, with capabilities other manufacturers only dream about (Ocu-Sync). The EVO is only marginally better than the 2yr old Mavic in only a couple of features (4K @ 60FPS and optics). I'm sure MP2 will have that next month. I think even today MP is still better overall on the important things (app, range, battery, flight characteristics, proven record). Autel doesn't even seem to have fully caught up, much less pass up, almost 2yrs later. Their app is weak in comparison to Go4.

It will be interesting to see your input in August, after you fly your EVO, and after DJI reveals their next product in July. Please report back.

Last edited:
With no obstacle avoidance at that price range it is a no go- Everyone only hears about bad customer service with dji- I have only had positive experiences with dji customer service. If it's not dji---I'm not buying!

Reactions: Yam25
I haven't a clue what you're referring to. Exactly what "idiotic teaser" are you referring to from DJI that let down "peoples expectations"?

So far, DJI still offers the most value per dollar, with capabilities other manufacturers only dream about (Ocu-Sync). The EVO is only marginally better than the 2yr old Mavic in only a couple of features (4K @ 60FPS and optics). I'm sure MP2 will have that next month. I think even today MP is still better overall on the important things (app, range, battery, flight characteristics, proven record). Autel doesn't even seem to have fully caught up, much less pass up, almost 2yrs later. Their app is weak in comparison to Go4.

It will be interesting to see your input in August, after you fly your EVO, and after DJI reveals their next product in July. Please report back.
i can give a more accurate assessment this weekend where most will bash it without any real on hands flying,only biased opinions which is ok as dji makes good drones else i wouldnt own four.
you proudly tout the mavic having Ocu-Sync but so does the evo along with more OA than the mavic that reacts and adjusts to obstacles,a better camera,longer flight time a faster speed and a live app also
actually IF the evo's specs hold true,itll top the mavic in most every way.
ill not need to wait till august,ill know saturday
dji teases ''the big picture''and people salivate without even knowing what itll be.
actually assuming of course that the evo is what it claims to be,itll excel the mavic in every aspect and then some

Last edited:
i can give a more accurate assessment this weekend where most will bash it without any real on hands flying,only biased opinions which is ok as dji makes good drones else i wouldnt own four.
you proudly tout the mavic having Ocu-Sync but so does the evo along with more OA than the mavic that reacts and adjusts to obstacles,a better camera,longer flight time a faster speed
actually IF the evo's specs hold true,itll top the mavic in most every way.
ill not need to wait till august,ill know saturday
dji teases ''the big picture''and people salivate without even knowing what itll be.
There is no OA on the new evo

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54