DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why DJI Fly uses so many storage and is it ok to clear its data from Android?

Sky Cyclist

Reactions
Pic1: Cache is clear and only 0.01 MB

1.jpg

Pic2: The DJI Fly App uses more than 14GB

2.jpg

The storage usage of DJI Fly App seems to grow up time by time.

So, is it safe to clear DJI Fly App's storage from Android?

That will also clear your settings, log you out, remove flight logs etc.

What takes space is the cached footage, so you can go in the app's album and delete footage you don't need instead.

Reactions: Brian I
That will also clear your settings, log you out, remove flight logs etc.
Sorry but unless the newer versions of the App do things differently from the older versions, removing the app does not remove flight logs. (Android only, I can not comment on IOS)

A lot of the app's file structure is left behind after the removal and that includes the original flight logs. I looked into this sometime ago as I wanted to try a newer version of the app but did not want to lose my flight logs if I did not like the new version and had to go back to the old version, that happened.
I have not checked this with the 1.5.whatever versions of the app that use the new storage location for the logs.

I have not checked this with the 1.5.whatever versions of the app that use the new storage location for the logs.
That new location is the standard Android location for "public" app data that gets deleted when removing an app/clearing its data unlike before where it would just put data in a separate generic folder that android doesn't touch.

I haven't checked that it does, but it should.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15