DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why do i have to keep linking ?

bburnett15

Reactions
There was an SC update fairly recently (January?) and ever since i have to choose which drone i intend to use (i only have one) and then i have to link SC+drone.
This happens every 3rd or 4th mission and its kind of irritating.
FWIW- my SC has NEVER been linked to any other sUAS.
Any suggestions on how to make it stop?

There was an SC update fairly recently (January?) and ever since i have to choose which drone i intend to use (i only have one) and then i have to link SC+drone.
I have the same difficulty with the SC. I use to have the M2P but now just have the Air 2. I got no helpful response from DJI. I don't think they have that figured out.

Are you sure you’re connected to the internet when you sync?? Believe I read you have to be connected to the internet so the “process“ can be reported to the “Mothership”.

Mine only does that if I turn on the smart controller without the drone powered up. If I power up the drone first or both at the same time, it links right up. But your right, I don't remember that happening in the past.

Reactions: RS6_Pilot
Internet or no, powered up drone first- it happens sometimes but not others. Its really a pain when i accidentally click on the wrong drone

Internet or no, powered up drone first- it happens sometimes but not others. Its really a pain when i accidentally click on the wrong drone
Go into your settings (Android side) Scroll down to "DJI Lab" (Enter that) and under "SkyTalk" Turn on "Fly Immediately" and the third one down that is all in Chinese(?). That way when you turn on your drone it skips all start up screens and jumps right into camera view...no more selecting aircraft and gets you into the air much sooner :)

Try the method in post #6 first, then -if still failing to immediately start Fly- change your start up process as follows. Aircraft ON... Controller ON.... tap the square boxes icon in the lower right corner and select Fly App, and Fly will open with the last aircraft flown/selected.

[ EDIT: I tried the method in #6 and it didn't work. For me, I'm going to continue to follow my "aircraft first" process}]

Last edited:
I always turn on the aircraft first. Did it again today. I cant remember exactly when that drone-choice screen comes up in tge starting process.

As I remember in RC, we always turn Controller on first. To connect automatically with my MA2, I need to turn it on first. I think it was ok when I first received it but has changed with an update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev