DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why hasnt Japan or the USA produced a competitive drone?

Im not sure what your talking about- I was responding directly to your suggestion that you would like to see regenerative braking on DJI drones. I simply shared the seemingly relevant observation that DJI claims their drones already include this feature.

You don't need to imagine what is happing or guess anything- here it is in DJI's words "While the braking is happening, the motor is automatically put into generator mode so that instead of its mechanical energy being turned into heat energy and going to waste, it is turned into electric energy that is sent back to the battery, charging it up." Inside a Drone - ESC

To the extent DJI ESC are in fact implemented as advertised the operation is substantially similar to the principal employed in the Tesla.
Nice! Definitely what I was thinking good call.

So do you think that having the brake gain turned up higher could actually increase battery life?

Nice! Definitely what I was thinking good call.

So do you think that having the brake gain turned up higher could actually increase battery life?
No. It’s almost certainly nothing more than typical marketing department spin. Unlike electrical braking on a vehicle there is little energy available from the rotating prop to drive the motor as a generator.

No. It’s almost certainly nothing more than typical marketing department spin. Unlike electrical braking on a vehicle there is little energy available from the rotating prop to drive the motor as a generator.

The motors are almost always under load anyway, just like a boat. In a car, the coast-to-stop energy is evidently pretty high, enough to actually recharge the battery by a small amount.

The motors are almost always under load anyway, just like a boat. In a car, the coast-to-stop energy is evidently pretty high, enough to actually recharge the battery by a small amount.
Yes- that is exactly the practical distinction I was making. There is a lot of energy to be recovered in slowing down a moving vehicle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan