DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going back to fixed wing and R/C helicopters. The Mavic just took the fun out of flying. Nothing challenging, nothing ever new to learn or try. No real flying skills. Never any exhilaration. It's just floating a camera around the sky.

Sounds like photography is not your thang. Maybe cage fighting is more up your alley if you want to try something new?

Reactions: Supercaliber
I'm won't be buying either.

I'm perfectly happy with my MP and I don't consider any of the improvements to be worth doubling the money I have already spent on the dubious ability to take photos & videos from the air.

In my experience, the vast majority of the so-called 'audience' couldn't tell the difference anyway.

I'm won't be buying either.

I'm perfectly happy with my MP and I don't consider any of the improvements to be worth doubling the money I have already spent on the dubious ability to take photos & videos from the air.

In my experience, the vast majority of the so-called 'audience' couldn't tell the difference anyway.
Dubious?

I was perfectly happy with my Canon Rebel APS-C (same as EOS 600D), I've just spent 4x the amount I paid for it to upgrade to a Sony A7RIII full frame. Does the same thing right?

The point isn't necessarily the viewing audience - it's what YOU decide and if you can't see merit in upgrading and spending your hard earned you are quite right to stay put with the MPs stupendous (prefer to dubious) ability to take camera footage from the sky. If something happened to your MP would you pay the additional cost then or stick to a replacement original MP if it was still available?

Reactions: sar104
I doubt if I will be buying one. I have a Spark for on the go action, Mavic Pro for a little better video, and a Inspire 1 (for when I really get serious about how the video looks). So I think (for my use anyway) I've pretty much got the bases covered. The Zoom does interest me, but I can live with what I already have. The 31 minute flight time would be great, but with previous experience,we know that won't happen in real world conditions, or will, when pigs fly, what ever comes first! LOL!

Reactions: mtnstream
So don’t cry to everybody else..if you had disposal income you would buy the new one..
you obviously jumped in without reading the thread,i have a drone im content with

Reactions: JimmyHillsChin
You brought the wrong device.
No I didn't. It's good enough for that purpose. I bought it as an airborne camera. It's great for that. I won't be upgrading to get something that is just another boring airborne camera. If I needed it for my work or my income, I would upgrade in a heartbeat. As a hobby drone? Not a chance. That is unless my MP is somehow lost. Then I'll upgrade with my insurance payout.
But, for the fun factor, I'm done with it. It will only fly when I actually to put a camera in the air to see something or get video from that perspective. My whole point was just that my money will go into the daily flyers, the fun ones, the helicopters and fixed wings, and definitely not put $1500 on what would mean nothing more than a better camera and a few more minutes flight time. I'll do it when I'm forced to by losing mine somehow.

So don’t cry to everybody else..if you had disposal income you would buy the new one..

Come on now....If you are going to give attitude to the OP, at least have the decency to read their actual first post (you know, the actual subject starter!).

To help you out with your point, I'll throw you wytnyt's quote from his very first post in the thread (I'm sure he won't mind):

"i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo"

Seems he has the disposable income and I'm also pretty sure he's not crying!

you obviously jumped in without reading the thread,i have a drone im content with
Come on now....If you are going to give attitude to the OP, at least have the decency to read their actual first post (you know, the actual subject starter!).

To help you out with your point, I'll throw you wytnyt's quote from his very first post in the thread (I'm sure he won't mind):

"i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo"

Seems he has the disposable income and I'm also pretty sure he's not crying!

For the record, he owned the MP for months before he made the first flight.
Then he was an MP super fan.
The EVO may not have even been flown yet, if it has, probably no more than 20 feet away yet.
Its not about what was JUST posted, its about his post history.

I still say leave the Autel schilling to the Autel forum. I have grown tired of him constantly trying to convert us with his "mine is better" attitude. On a MAVIC forum.
For the most part, He is a good person from what I can see. Maybe its time to change forums to his new first love?

For the record, he owned the MP for months before he made the first flight.
Then he was an MP super fan.
The EVO may not have even been flown yet, if it has, probably no more than 20 feet away yet.
Its not about what was JUST posted, its about his post history.

I still say leave the Autel schilling to the Autel forum. I have grown tired of him constantly trying to convert us with his "mine is better" attitude. On a MAVIC forum.
For the most part, He is a good person from what I can see. Maybe its time to change forums to his new first love?
for someone that is so tired of me,i sure command your attention alot:confused:
its ok many seem to live their lives through me
i havent made this thread about autel,,so dont bring them up then blame me for it.:rolleyes:
i could buy both mp2's without denting my wallet but i dont need the possible issues the mp has and i surely dont need to be controlled by their ever expanding NFZ crap

Last edited:
for someone that is so tired of me,i sure command your attention alot:confused:
its ok many seem to live their lives through me
i havent made this thread about autel,,so dont bring them up then blame me for it.:rolleyes:
I read and comment on a lot of threads, I click "new posts" and see threads about "who is getting an EVO" worded different ways, on more than one occasion. STARTED by you.
When you were called out for it, you make threads like this one:
"why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?" Seems counter productive since this is a Mavic owners forum for Mavic aircraft.

Consider the pot successfully stirred... Let's move along
theres always pot stirrers that need recognition
i cant help it if i like my girls in all shape and form:D

The eternal debate of what is best for several different people will always be answered with "several different drones".

This is the same as phones, cameras, cars, etc.

Reactions: wytnyt
The eternal debate of what is best for several different people will always be answered with "several different drones".

This is the same as phones, cameras, cars, etc.
Of course, But that doesnt excuse people who go to an apple forum and talk android is better, or go to a ford forum and shill GM is better.
I dont understand why you would want to, but it annoys the members that are there for what the forum is about.

Of course, But that doesnt excuse people who go to an apple forum and talk android is better, or go to a ford forum and shill GM is better.
I dont understand why you would want to, but it annoys the members that are there for what the forum is about.
I didn't do this, but it would be based on it it is constructive and informative.

In the same way I could tell you about a fraud that is available on android that you need, that Apple doesnt have, I have had film colleagues suggest heavy lifts to use cameras I need to use on a dji forum.

just put me on ignore if you cant handle diversity

just put me on ignore if you cant handle diversity
I'll assume what I am trying to say has fallen on deaf ears. And expect you to continue your Anti Mavic campaign.
do as you will.......

And I have let this go on as long as it's going to .
DotJKNp.gifUnknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d