DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why i'm NOT buying the Mp2, any others not buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want piloting challenge fly a "manual" quad like a racer, not one made as a filming tool where everything is indeed made to remove the "piloting" as much as possible...

Reactions: Aerial West
first off i'm not loyal to any brand,i buy for what i like in drones.
i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo.
I have 2 mavic pro's for nearly a year now and have been dealing with this issue or some other,installing updates that do not help and even makes some things worse and now with the Mavic being out 2 years DJI comes out with new ones so does this mean the old mavic will never be fixed?,they surely cant fully address it with new ones being produced and likely have its own issues.
its like DJI is saying ''sorry we can't fix the Mp 1'' but well gladly let you buy a newer one.
sadly it seems people will keep drinking the kool-aid,shelling out the money and hoping to get a good product
Hopefully this drone will be proven to be up to standards and perhaps ill get one but in the meantime my money is going else where.
first off i'm not loyal to any brand,i buy for what i like in drones.
i had 2500 as some may know set back for either the new Mp2 or an Evo.
I have 2 mavic pro's for nearly a year now and have been dealing with this issue or some other,installing updates that do not help and even makes some things worse and now with the Mavic being out 2 years DJI comes out with new ones so does this mean the old mavic will never be fixed?,they surely cant fully address it with new ones being produced and likely have its own issues.
its like DJI is saying ''sorry we can't fix the Mp 1'' but well gladly let you buy a newer one.
sadly it seems people will keep drinking the kool-aid,shelling out the money and hoping to get a good product
Hopefully this drone will be proven to be up to standards and perhaps ill get one but in the meantime my money is going else where.

100% BANG ON. MA owner here. Dealing with them now over a week with what should be a simple fix regarding unlocking flysafe zones and its been a nightmare! How DJI has become #1 in the industry baffles me and IMHO will be facing stiff competition before to long. I will definitely NOT buy another DJI product.

I'm going back to fixed wing and R/C helicopters. The Mavic just took the fun out of flying. Nothing challenging, nothing ever new to learn or try. No real flying skills. Never any exhilaration. It's just floating a camera around the sky.

You brought the wrong device.

Reactions: Kilrah
I wanted a floating camera in the sky without having to worry about flying so i could concentrate on photos.

If you want something fun to fly, you should have bought a racing quad. Or a proper RC plane / helicopter.

That's kind of what I was doing:p

So, assuming you have (?), why is it less boring?
You would have to fly one to understand. For one thing the Mavic will never do 80 mph. That’s like asking why is a Harley so much nicer to ride than a Honda.

Last edited:
Well, ask anyone who has an Inspire1 how less boring it is. Except Kilrah of course :p
But agreed, compared to my CP helicopter and fixed wings I flown over the pst 40 years drones are very very boring to fly. The camera makes it fun.
Inspire 1 and 2 flyer and I would say if I want to play, the mavic can have more fun as I can get low into cluttered space at speed. For normal flying, the inspired are no less boring. These are flying cameras. If you want speed and adrenaline, get into some of the racers or systems that need some flying skill

If you want piloting challenge fly a "manual" quad like a racer, not one made as a filming tool where everything is indeed made to remove the "piloting" as much as possible...
The Inspire1 is nice to fly, looks beautiful in the sky, Atti mode is available at least. But it's no racer agreed.

You would have to fly one to understand. For one thing the Mavic will never do 80 mph. That’s like asking why is a Harley so much nicer to ride than a Honda.
Try playing with some settings. I easily get 80kph with my mavic
However I would like to see your 80mph Inspire 1

That's kind of what I was doing:p

So, assuming you have (?), why is it less boring?
I have an I1 for 3 years (and 2 Phantoms 2 years before that), and it's less boring because it's not as automatic as the Mavic, it has Atti mode, no landing protection or collision sensors, it looks beautiful in the sky, it's big, even from 1500 feet you can still see the shape of the airframe and it's unmistakably an Inspire.

The Inspire1 is nice to fly, looks beautiful in the sky, Atti mode is available at least. But it's no racer agreed.
It looks and flys fantastic. I am a big fan of the inspire series, but I just don’t understand the statement about it being so fun to fly and the mavic being boring. They both require basically the same level of input and skill.
I believe if you want an aircraft for atti flying and no sensors, then the inspire is not really the ideal platform.
I would also be more inclined to riskier flying in the mavic than the inspire

Well the Mavic can't (easily) be flicked into ATTI mode where you actually have to try to fly it.

Ok fair enough. Your idea of more fun is flying fast in straight lines with no obsticals. We all have different interests. Enjoy

Ok fair enough. Your idea of more fun is flying fast in straight lines with no obsticals. We all have different interests. Enjoy
That inspires series will do twice as much as the Mavic and do it faster. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the Mavic when I’m on vacation if I want something to take with me that’s easy to carry. But believe me it’s no inspire.

So its about speed?
So why not a racing drone then?

The Harley/Honda is kind of different here as you are physically sitting on and riding them so you'll notice the comforts and shortcuts in each.

Ultimately with these drones, you are just using sticks to command it to fly and take pictures.

I can only go on the Spark and Mavic I have. Ultimately they are both boring to fly, although the Mavic is clearly the better drone.

I'm not arguing here, just curious as to what would make the Inspire more exciting to fly over the Mavic.
The photography part cant count as we are talking just the flying being more exciting and, again, if its the speed, wouldn't a racing drone be better for the excitement level?

Again if you want a drone to fly fast through obstacles, you bought the wrong drone.
Its not designed for that. Its a flying camera.

Reactions: cdubNga
Again if you want a drone to fly fast through obstacles, you bought the wrong drone.
Its not designed for that. Its a flying camera.
That all depends on your flying skills. It’s more challenging to fly. Especially when you flip it in ATTI mode. The inspires are just impressive.

Reactions: JimmyHillsChin
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d