DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why is DJI Fly app 1.2.2 not available on the Google Play Store?

Yes, that was my reaction, too, after I heard about it. Calibration Complete is just saying that you passed the test, but nothing about the real grade.

The Flight Log is on the mobile device that runs the DJI Fly App. The log can be checked quite after the calibration, but it is really a pain in the a** on a mobile device.

On my android device it is in /storage/emulated/0/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords. Each APP session creates its own file.

Yes, in the case of a bad value, calibrate again. Best results are received when you move yourself around the drone in a circle, and the drone itself in your hand on your long arm as the center of the circle.

Last edited:
Yes, that was my reaction, too, after I heard about it. Calibration Complete is just saying that you passed the test, but nothing about the real grade.

The Flight Log is on the mobile device that runs the DJI Fly App. The log can be checked quite after the calibration, but it is really a pain in the a** on a mobile device.

On my android device it is in /storage/emulated/0/DJI/dji.go.v5/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords. Each APP session creates its own file.

Yes, in the case of a bad value, calibrate again. Best results are received when you move yourself around the drone in a circle, and the drone itself in your hand on your long arm as the center of the circle.

Thanks! One more thing I didn't know... I usually hold the drone at arm's length and rotate in a circle with me in the center of the circle. Will have to try the other way around.

Yes. Other way round ensures that the rotation is not too fast and the drone stays in one and the same place during the movement. So less risk of interference with other objects that are passing.

If you're interested, check this thread. That was my issue some months ago with valuable help and explanations.

Reactions: DanMan32
Sorry, mistake from my side.. the logfile mentioned above is actually a binary file, that cannot be read by human eyes directly, it has to be converted first into a txt file with a tool that requires a PC or phantomhelp.com website. so nearly impossible to check directly in the field.

Yes. Other way round ensures that the rotation is not too fast and the drone stays in one and the same place during the movement. So less risk of interference with other objects that are passing.

If you're interested, check this thread. That was my issue some months ago with valuable help and explanations.

Thank you so much for all this information! I found the files, but as you said I can't open them on my phone. :confused: I looked at the thread but I will have to look at it again later. I don't understand much of what I've read.

I really wish there was a way to easily find out if the calibration was good or not right after you do it, in the field, so you can do it again if it's not good! Finding out it wasn't good hours later on a PC isn't very useful, except for diagnosing problems... I'd much rather try to prevent problems in the first place!

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Reactions: AnGo
You're welcome.

Welcome to the forum, and greetings from San Diego.

Here is a copy of the release. At the bottom it says that android user need to update the app from the official DJI website. I cannot explain it not being in the Playstore, but I hope this helps anyway.
I see they finally fixed that **** DNG bug in panoramic mode (a couple months after they spent a couple weeks telling me I must have the wrong white balance set or something).

Hello there! New Mini 2 owner (my first DJI drone) and new to this forum.

Can someone tell my why the new DJI Fly app version 1.2.2 is NOT available on the Google Play Store while previous versions were, even though it's been out for over a week on their web site? And is this a frequent thing that DJI releases Android apps on their web site that are not approved on the Google Play Store?

It's just that I HATE installing apps that are not on the Google Play Store and have not been vetted and approved to be safe and stable, especially when previous versions of the same app were. There is a reason why these stores exist and we don't just install anything from any source.

Thanks and have a nice day!
Ask the Playstore?

This is the warning sign I get on my LG G6 smartphone when I try do download 1.2.2 from the DJI website
Should I download it anyway?
View attachment 121174
It's the basic warning that it gives you whenever you grab an APK from any unverified source (ie: not the Play Store, etc). If you're for sure that you're downloading it from the DJI website, then it's going to be the same official one that will eventually show up in the play store.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It's the basic warning that it gives you whenever you grab an APK from any unverified source (ie: not the Play Store, etc). If you're for sure that you're downloading it from the DJI website, then it's going to be the same official one that will eventually show up in the play store.
Thank you!

Hello there! New Mini 2 owner (my first DJI drone) and new to this forum.

Can someone tell my why the new DJI Fly app version 1.2.2 is NOT available on the Google Play Store while previous versions were, even though it's been out for over a week on their web site? And is this a frequent thing that DJI releases Android apps on their web site that are not approved on the Google Play Store?

It's just that I HATE installing apps that are not on the Google Play Store and have not been vetted and approved to be safe and stable, especially when previous versions of the same app were. There is a reason why these stores exist and we don't just install anything from any source.

Thanks and have a nice day!
DJI lists 1.2.1 as compatible with my Moto G7 Power but doesn't list my phone as compatible with 1.2.2. Can anyone help? I've downloaded the .apk file but haven't installed yet.

DJI lists 1.2.1 as compatible with my Moto G7 Power but doesn't list my phone as compatible with 1.2.2. Can anyone help? I've downloaded the .apk file but haven't installed yet.
As long as it's running a 64-bit version of Android, it should be fine. Since it was compatible with 1.2.1, I can't see why that would change for 1.2.2

It's a moot point right now. Unable to get the Mini 2's compass to calibrate, so no fly. I've spun it many times, app doesn't respond. Clear screen, start over, no calibration, no fly. Any suggestions?

This feature only exists in 1.2.2 for iOS

Reactions: dawgpilot
I did side load the app from DJI store, however my Android does not see the cruise control feature

What's that cruise control feature? :confused: I HATE it when they put some features in the iOS version and not on the Android version! :mad:

DJI now completely removed all links to Google Play Store from its download page. Not only for Fly App, but also for Go App, Mimo, etc.. For me the ultimate hint that DJI quit cooperation with Google entirely. No more updates through the Play store for any DJI App - maybe forever.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom